Landon DuMar

NoGi Pan Ams - NY

First and foremost, the IBJJF site is just horrendous. They just finally post that the NoGi Pan Ams are going to be in New York, but they still don't have any more info that that, it's only 6 weeks away. For all the hoops they make us jump through, they could at least have their shit together. Anyway, to my main point. I'm not sure which belt division to do, I don't do any gi, and we don't do nogi ranks like 10P at my school. I've recently won a 1st and 2nd in Advanced at two smaller NAGAs, but I feel like this is a higher level of competitors, and NAGA isn't split by belt anyway like the Pan Ams. I've been training 3.5 years. I will see what my instructor thinks, but I thought I'd throw it out to you guys to see if anyone has had any experience with them.

Landon DuMar

Anyone?

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I'd say blue or purple would be fair.

Landon DuMar

Yeah, it's tough to say, I feel like I should at least do purple though. I want to make sure to challenge myself enough. I'll be reppin' 10P and have some videos to throw up, we've got a bunch of tourneys coming up (GQ Boston, Pan Ams NYC, NAGA RI all in the span of 6 weeks). Thanks for your thoughts.

Array

School
    Naga to ibjjf is a huge leap. It's like going from single A right to the majors . Purple would probably be fine if you want to challenge yourself.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    yea naga is not very well respected compared to grapplersquest

Landon DuMar

On the East Coast it's pretty much all we have though, so I think it gets better showings and competition.

Array

School
    Were in Philly and attend 4 Grapplers quests a year. There ate 3 in NY area an one in Boston. I'd say GQ is better competition. Ibjjf is another level above that.

Landon DuMar

GQ are much better run competitions for sure. Alright, well I'll make sure I'm properly prepared then!

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    Living on the east coast I understand and I feel that naga is still great experience for anyone!