Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    @Joe If you use the other shin than in the posted video, there is a TON of stuff you can do from there. If you get your other knee in (across his stomach), even if the foot stays on the same side, there are even more nasty sweeps, usually right into knee-on-belly. A brown belt at my gym is who dominates competitions uses it all the time, and calls it Phoenix Guard. I suck at it, but it's awesome all the same.

Array

School
    None
    I roll with stronger bigger built powerful guys and for the most part butterfly guard sweeps, leg locks, and taking their back is where I focus on. Sometimes they're just so much stronger that they power out. Whatever you do if they pass or sweep don't let them settle their weight then it could be real hard to escape when they're just so top heavy. Or try to wear them down a little but that's only for the fatter out of shape heavier guys, if they're just bigger because they're stronger muscle heads then it's usually the smaller guy that gets worn down trying to move their weight around.

what works for me is triangles when you turn perpendicular, which you should be always rite?, and underhook the opposite knee. also taking the back from octopus guard, omoplatas, and north south chokes all seem to be successful for me, and leg locks, particularly achilles locks, kneebars, and calf crushers. if you can get to the truck you're gooooooolden....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123