View Poll Results: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • GSP

8 23.53%
  • Jon Jones

12 35.29%
  • Dan Henderson

5 14.71%
  • Someone else

9 26.47%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but I feel that Chael deserves a rematch. No one has ever taken it to Silva the way Chael did in their fight. I'm not trying to take anything away from Silva as he is one of my favorite fighters, but if it wasn't for that late game triangle, Silva would have lost the decision hands down. I'm actually surprised that Sonnen isn't on that list of "Who Silva should fight." Again, I'm prepared to get flamed for my opinion, but I had to be honest. At least I have my fire fighting pet at the ready =D.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but I feel that Chael deserves a rematch. No one has ever taken it to Silva the way Chael did in their fight. I'm not trying to take anything away from Silva as he is one of my favorite fighters, but if it wasn't for that late game triangle, Silva would have lost the decision hands down. I'm actually surprised that Sonnen isn't on that list of "Who Silva should fight." Again, I'm prepared to get flamed for my opinion, but I had to be honest. At least I have my fire fighting pet at the ready =D.

I'm sorry I overlooked Sonnen, He is the "Someone else" should he beat Stann

Array

School
    10th Planet Nottingham
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post

didnt sonnen get suspended for doping after that fight? enough said!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips

This
    This

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramone (RAM) Codrington View Post
    His testosterone was .1 above average you think that played a roll in the ass whipping he gave Silva?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramone (RAM) Codrington View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    His testosterone was .1 above average you think that played a roll in the ass whipping he gave Silva?
    Not one bit.

I get it that there are rules that guys agreed upon, and it's disrespectful
    to get in the cage and break those rules, but there is more to that story
    than he was "doping after that fight" - and I think yall know that.

I'm a little guy, I only weight 145 pounds. I routinely roll with guys who
    are 185 up to a guy who is 300 pounds. They are far stronger than I am.
    I never once, not one single time blame their size or strength if I get
    beat. I blame my technique, and I tell myself I need more time on the mats.
    Maybe you should look at your own game if you ever think "doping" beat you. enough said.

and yes, yes I know....here we go again

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony NoGionli View Post

Maybe you should look at your own game if you ever think "doping" beat you.
    Finally someone with some damn sense.

Array

School
    None
    So then Anderson fighting GSP should have nothing to do with their weight or strength using that logic. If GSP loses it just means he needed better technique because Anderson's strength and size should have little effect since you roll with big guys all the time...

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank R. View Post
    So then Anderson fighting GSP should have nothing to do with their weight or strength using that logic. If GSP loses it just means he needed better technique because Anderson's strength and size should have little effect since you roll with big guys all the time...
    There's a nugget of truth in there... But I still think you have an unrealistic picture of what steroids are capable of. They don't take you from a weakling to a monster. And strength advantages don't count for nearly as much in fighting as they do in strength-ended sports, like powerlifting, strongman, Olympic weightlifting, etc. I lift over 100lbs more in all my core lifts having NEVER used steroids than most of the guys in my gym who have. So even then, steroids aren't the miracle that people make them out to be.

But back to the GSP vs Silva argument, if GSP did lose to Silva, there would indeed be a question of how he could improve his technique in order to beat a stronger, larger opponent. And grappling, of course, would operate under very different physics than striking.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast