Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    IMO... they should cut Diaz a little slack. Nick may not be the most professional, all of the time, but he is al least an exciting fighter. He'goes to war every time he fights. Love him or hate him the guy loves to get in exciting scraps and more offen then not he destroys and finishes his opponent, and that's exactly what I pay to see! Now look at some of the more "professional" fighters like; GSP and Frankie Edgar, both of them champions. GSP's last finished someone back in Jan of 09', Edgar's last finished a fight in dec of 09' and before that it was in July of 07'. They both fight a "not to loose" style instead of a "try and entertain your fans" style. I belive these styles that create less exciting fights hurt the UFC's pay per view buys much more then Diaz being a no show at a news event does. I understand that some sponsors and media were upset but the truth is the sponsors arent the ones putting up the buys which is why the UFC is a profitable business, because of the fans not the sponsors. Dana should remember he made this fight because the fans asked for it, then he canceled it because of some upset sponsors, I think he should of put the fans before the sponsors.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Maxwell View Post
    IMO... they should cut Diaz a little slack. Nick may not be the most professional, all of the time, but he is al least an exciting fighter. He'goes to war every time he fights. Love him or hate him the guy loves to get in exciting scraps and more offen then not he destroys and finishes his opponent, and that's exactly what I pay to see! Now look at some of the more "professional" fighters like; GSP and Frankie Edgar, both of them champions. GSP's last finished someone back in Jan of 09', Edgar's last finished a fight in dec of 09' and before that it was in July of 07'. They both fight a "not to loose" style instead of a "try and entertain your fans" style. I belive these styles that create less exciting fights hurt the UFC's pay per view buys much more then Diaz being a no show at a news event does. I understand that some sponsors and media were upset but the truth is the sponsors arent the ones putting up the buys which is why the UFC is a profitable business, because of the fans not the sponsors. Dana should remember he made this fight because the fans asked for it, then he canceled it because of some upset sponsors, I think he should of put the fans before the sponsors.
    ain't that the truth i'm deff not spending 50.00 for this shit, GSP vs Condit is a drag compared to Nick vs Gsp, this is just lame

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael "Mikey" Bunten View Post
    really....?
    yes really !

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Maxwell View Post
    Andrew always has some well thought out shit to say. Rep points
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    I think penn is a more dangerous fighter than gsp. Penn can finish the fight, and I didn't think gsp could which would give diaz 5 rounds to stop gsp, but with penn it is a dangerous boxing game and a more dangerous jiu jitsu finisher in penn.
    But I got diaz for a 5th round stoppage.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Everything was salvaged nicely from an entertainment point of view. Still wish Nick had his title shot, but Andrew and Valdez nailed it. Regardless, finally we have epic confrontations eminent.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    some how i knew this fight would get fucked up, either by injury or some stupid shit like this, Nick deserves his title shot & now it's all fucked up

It's an awesome match up for us and we know this is gonna be a fun fight. BJ is SUPER pumped for it!

I hope BJ teaches that fool a lesson. No matter how you slice it, this is all on Diaz, you cannot expect to headline a UFC PPV and not show up for the pressers. I was excited for Condit-Penn but Penn-Diaz could be even better, BJ always brings it and so does Diaz. Hopefully Condit pushes GSP, I have high hopes for this fight too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Man that's a horrible resolution. So basically they got nick to give up his boxing contract. To sign a UFC contract for a title shot. Now that title shot is gone. Does anyone know how long and how may fights is his new UFC contract. Basically he got fucked. I so wanted to see nick vs. Gsp. Ain't paying for that one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast