Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness

Does learning basic Portuguese help in tournaments or fights against corner peoples

Like basic terms of stuff. Arm-bar, triangle, kick etc...

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    To be honest, dont worry about whats going on with them. I understand what you are sayin as a strategy, but I want to tell you what Im gonna do and then do it ya kno what Im sayin.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    To be honest, dont worry about whats going on with them. I understand what you are sayin as a strategy, but I want to tell you what Im gonna do and then do it ya kno what Im sayin.
    I gotch ya. In grappling you can always hear your corner and should be implementing your game on the opponent.

In mma if your in the other guys corner and the crowd is too loud too hear your own corner you can be in stall positions like clinched against the fence or your head stuck in the corner on bottom. Maybe its still better not to think about what they are tryin to do. It does suck to have your submissions called out while your setting them up. I wonder how many corners yell out anything because they think the other guy doesnt understand.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    I have enough trouble listening to my corner in a competition let alone the opponent's.

Most of the time they are probably just insulting you...

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Spínola View Post
    Most of the time they are probably just insulting you...
    ha ha. Ive noticed sometimes people dont realize their tone and emotions on their face they are still showing when they talk in another language and think no one else can understand them.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    For us, if I see something being set up by the opponent I will jus tell my guys watch your arm or whatev. I try not to say, for example, if I see a triangle setup hey watch out for triangle, ill say get your arm out and then my guys kno something is being set up on them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    Griffin- try to keep the match towards the tables and just clear your head and let training take over.
    Also, we already have the advantage because of 10P. Very little schools even talk about us to their students, and with the crazy names of most techniques we can call out in tournys and the other team not know.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    For us, if I see something being set up by the opponent I will jus tell my guys watch your arm or whatev. I try not to say, for example, if I see a triangle setup hey watch out for triangle, ill say get your arm out and then my guys kno something is being set up on them.
    If any of you guys are free to yell stuff at me at NAGA ltr this month thats what I would want yelled at me. Would actually be a little foreign to me hearing 10th pjj stuff yelled at me. Most people in my araea that started lookin into 10th pjj back when first books came out stopped studying it.

Im starting to think all the old people in Florida are somehow keeping us trapped in some kinda time dimension that is 10-15 years behind

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    No worries, we will be rollin in heavy at NAGA so there will several of us there. Jus make sure u know the basic things like lockdown, whipup, old school, electric chair, mission control, zombie, new york, FOOT IN THA HIP. We should have no problem being able to coach u as long as you got that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast