Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

lockdown defense? (kneebar)

I was just curious.. but has anyone explored the possibilities of a kneebar from inside of someones lockdown? Now obviously during a proper lockdown you will have your double unders tight enough that you cant just spin into it. But i was thinking perhaps if you start with the twister pass, and then slide a knee-to-belly across to a "reverse cowboy" (not sure if thats what its called, but if not it should be) and then you would be in perfect position for a kneebar. Im sure theres already plenty of options out there similar to this.. but I was just curious if anyone knew where to find some videos discussing this route more in depth. That perhaps goes over some of the smaller details I havent even thought of yet.

Array

School
    Bloomsburg Mixed Martial Arts
    Anything is possible in theory and I'm sure there is some options there, but in reality I don't believe there is a solid kneebar attack when the lockdown is secured. Your kneebar option would be (assuming your right leg is trapped) spin around to face the lockdown with your left leg now on the outside of the lockdown.

* I believe this to be a standard kneebar attack when opponent is using a traditional half-guard.

You could attempt to attack the overlapping leg (would be your opponents left leg), but if he still has the lockdown secured you would have a nearly impossible hill to climb. You would have to attempt to untangle the lockdown AND THEN you could attempt the kneebar.

All of this would be based on the premise of a) the opponent doesn't move and b) their lockdown is flimsy enough to allow you to easily spin.

So imho not a good enough risk:reward to attempt it.

just my .02

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I believe you are talking about the polish cowboy.....I have hit a kneebar spinning around the head and the opposite direction turning away from your opponent, these I have hit when my opponent has traditional half guard but anyone with lockdown will tear your knee to shreds if you try to spin in it. Clear the lockdown and spin. Don't knee slice and get your back taken, it's slow.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    I've saw Josh Barnett do it while in traditional halfguard.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    I believe you are talking about the polish cowboy.....I have hit a kneebar spinning around the head and the opposite direction turning away from your opponent, these I have hit when my opponent has traditional half guard but anyone with lockdown will tear your knee to shreds if you try to spin in it. Clear the lockdown and spin. Don't knee slice and get your back taken, it's slow.
    +1 Don't ever try a twister pass or try spinning out of a good lockdown or you'll be sitting on the bench watching class with your leg elevated for the next 4-6 months.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    But from traditional 1/2, yes you can slice the outside leg through to the Russian Cowboy.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Listen to Master Zog... knees aren't meant to be bent side to side.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    DONT DO IT.....got a buddy siting out right now with a torn meniscus from spinning out of my lockdown...they are completely right