Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

Because sometimes you gotta rock the Gi...

I finally have enough time/money to start taking local classes, and as luck would have it I now live really close to the last gym I learned at previously. Though its been almost 2 years since I have been there the facilities look great, the only downside is that they only train No Gi once every month or two. So looks like I gotta rock that Jee! Because I figure No Jitz is worse than No Gi.

Here's hoping a Moon gets close enough to Madison to set up a hotbox. Until then, I'm just happy to be rolling with a large group of talented and motivated people.

Array

School
    fight sport miami
    i dont want to sound like a broken record but buy jiu jitsu unleashed and eddies rubber guard book. he talks about how he practiced a lot in the gi at the begging but the difference is hes never hold onto the gi so that he wouldnt practice the bad habbits that one develops from wearing a gi

Array

School
    In my mind
    It's all grappling bro. No matter what you're wearing, you're rolling. If you're anything like me, we're happiest on the mats! Good luck and congratulations!

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    yeah and besides everything ^^they said^^, the gi makes you better...duh!

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    We got some guys, including myself at 10th Planet Indy that train in the gi....However for now we don't have an official gi instructor or class, so we just utilize all the youtube vids and gi books we can on open gym days. You can do the same with no gi shiznit.

Array

School
    Jean Jacques Machado JJ 'Team Juarez'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    It's all grappling bro. No matter what you're wearing, you're rolling. If you're anything like me, we're happiest on the mats! Good luck and congratulations!
    hey tony... how do you like that gi? the one on your Profile.. ive been looking at them for a while.

Dude i trained gi for a year and 8 months. i trained no gi some too and visited tenth planet decatur some but let me tell you as a new tenth planet blue belt that training the gi is good. i like it a bit better i know if your doing mma thats dumb. but for me the gi slows things down cuz of the friction and allows you to think more. do it man it will make you better and you will enjoy. trust me. and yeah tony is a great guy he came to our eddie seminar today.

Array

School
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hernandez View Post
    hey tony... how do you like that gi? the one on your Profile.. ive been looking at them for a while.
    Thanks Don! You're a gentleman and a scholar. I'm so happy with the Live,Love,Fight Gi. It is every bit as good as a Shoyoroll and came with 2 pants for like $120!