Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    The problem I have with Floyd in this incident though, is he seemed to pretend he wanted to hug it out and them ambushed the guy.......

If he didnt want an apology, he could have just waved it off flat out. He didnt, he looked to be hugging it out and them blasted the guy. It is nice to see Floyd will commit on a punch when he is sure the guy cant hit back though. Made me like him even less, but I think it was just about the best thing that could have happened for his marketing.
    I didn't say it was honorable but I understand it. Victor should have known not to let his guard down or take his eyes off Floyd after intentionally fouling him. Especially when the whole show was a Mayweather Promotions production. And I think your right, Floyds stock just went up even more.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    What's interesting here though is that Floyd didn't break the rules, Ortiz did. However, comparatively, for some reason, Mayweather is catching all of the heat for this. I think that what Floyd did was cheap but I have much more disgust for Ortiz on this issue.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    its such a shame because both guys are at fault and the fan lose
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    What's interesting here though is that Floyd didn't break the rules, Ortiz did. However, comparatively, for some reason, Mayweather is catching all of the heat for this. I think that what Floyd did was cheap but I have much more disgust for Ortiz on this issue.
    I'm equally bothered. Like Tony said, the fans lost. It should've been a more decisive fight without al lthe BS. It sucks that BS had to play a part. Mayweather's a dick for that move. But Ortiz is an idiot for both the head butt, and not defending himself at all times.

I think this match was staged and pre-planned. The head butt was way to obvious, the referee was looking at the judges, Ortiz didn't do anything after the first punch! What a fraud of a fight!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Meh they've set themselves up for a rematch.

seems like a win win situation for both fighteres. Ortiz gets another paycheck, Floyd gets his fight with pacman delayed once again, both fighters get massive publicity and the next fight between them draws an even bigger crowd, putting even more money in everybodies pockets.

win-win.

wow I did not just say fighterer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12