Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    BETA Academy
    Mr. Allah, you are officially my new favorite person. can you start a thread where you just tell people how wrong they are about everything. we can call it "just when you think you know it all". i bet there's a lot these people don't know.

honestly this guy doesen't sound smart. He just sounds like he's spitting out random fragments of knowledge at the cops mixed in with racial accusations. I'd be confused as shit if I was the cop too.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliphate Ishtar Allah View Post
    Which kind of boredom do you have? Apathy is not an affliction of mines.
    Mines don't have afflictions. They have metals and minerals. Or explosive charges and sensors. I'm testing out your semantic / topic-switching debate methods - how am I doing so far?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah Mendoza View Post
    honestly this guy doesen't sound smart. He just sounds like he's spitting out random fragments of knowledge at the cops mixed in with racial accusations. I'd be confused as shit if I was the cop too.
    You, like myself, must be a spoiled, privileged white person. I guess we will just never get it... But seriously, as a cop, what do you do? I'd be wondering if the guy needs to be sent to the nut house.

Array

School
    Darkside (Gainesville, FL)/Gracie Barra Clearwater
    Lol, got a lot of laughs off this thread. Still it's nice to see two people discussing something without calling each other names/other irrational bullshit (until the ending here). I agree with CIA on basically all points. The officers had no probable cause to be stopping the child. He is still a person, and has rights under our constitution. A kid walking home after school hours is not probable cause for detainment for any amount of time and certainly not interrogation.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah Mendoza View Post
    What exactly is smart? Science has shown the depth with which prenatal environment/experiences can shape the developing human being. Then you have to think about what makes us smart -- basically, knowing things that people have figured out through trial-and-error/experimentation, and the ability to think. Unfortunately only the former is being taught in schools today. When you stop looking through the black/white world of smart/stupid things start to get a little clearer. I think the main reason I was able to excel in school was because my parents read to me, every single night. A lot of kids don't have opportunities like that. They go to school, get bad grades, their parents get mad, they learn they're stupid, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by tremper View Post
    Lol, got a lot of laughs off this thread. Still it's nice to see two people discussing something without calling each other names/other irrational bullshit (until the ending here). I agree with CIA on basically all points. The officers had no probable cause to be stopping the child. He is still a person, and has rights under our constitution. A kid walking home after school hours is not probable cause for detainment for any amount of time and certainly not interrogation.

What exactly is smart? Science has shown the depth with which prenatal environment/experiences can shape the developing human being. Then you have to think about what makes us smart -- basically, knowing things that people have figured out through trial-and-error/experimentation, and the ability to think. Unfortunately only the former is being taught in schools today. When you stop looking through the black/white world of smart/stupid things start to get a little clearer. I think the main reason I was able to excel in school was because my parents read to me, every single night. A lot of kids don't have opportunities like that. They go to school, get bad grades, their parents get mad, they learn they're stupid, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    See, this is an intelligent, reasonable argument that doesn't go tangentially off the deep end. You cite probable cause, constitutional rights, and detention/interrogation rules. Despite arguing with CIA, I agree with all of this - the officers should not have created this situation in the first place. You didn't even once rely on arguments like every white person being spoiled, treason, or international law. I'm curious, though (and not trying to start something, just honestly want to know), do you agree with the father's complaints AND his tactics in making them, or just the concepts behind the complaints? In other words, do you agree with his approach, or do you think he could have gone about it better?

Array

School
    Darkside (Gainesville, FL)/Gracie Barra Clearwater
    I always think that the least energy required to accomplish a given task is the way to go. His getting angry gave the cops the power trip they wanted IMO. Granted when your kid is in a cop car... I don't have a kid so I don't know what was going through this man's mind. I couldn't say whether or not I think the cops let the kid go because they were done, or if they did it because of what the man was saying. I'd really like to know what they questioned the kid about though. "Is your daddy a drug dealer" or something along those lines is my bet. What else could they possibly ask him? Do your parents beat you? Or something.... lol... fucking worthless human beings. If we had a nation of well educated and physically fit people we wouldn't need police

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345