Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Man whats up with the 2 latino limit at my gym?

First off let me say that i am mexican and i live in alabama, with that being said i train at 10th planet decatur. and since i could remember there has never been more than 2 latinos at my gym at any given time. seriously im not even fucking with you once one leaves one comes in. i even started putting up flyer in spainish in mexican stores and laundry mat anywhere you can find a mexican but even that has not help. soo i need advice on getting more latinos in my gym.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    It's quite opposite at my gyms man. 1/2 the guys and almost all the girls are latinos.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Boxing is so popular with the Latino community that you would think MMA would be as well.

Array

School
    searching
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    It's quite opposite at my gyms man. 1/2 the guys and almost all the girls are latinos.
    Your in the Miami area, that's a given . I'm caucasians and grew up in Miami, I was the minority. I was the only white kid on my high school wresting team.

i thought with the heavywieght champion being mexican "maybe" we might see an increase but so far no results.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Moya View Post
    First off let me say that i am mexican and i live in alabama, with that being said i train at 10th planet decatur. and since i could remember there has never been more than 2 latinos at my gym at any given time. seriously im not even fucking with you once one leaves one comes in. i even started putting up flyer in spainish in mexican stores and laundry mat anywhere you can find a mexican but even that has not help. soo i need advice on getting more latinos in my gym.
    IDK. BJJ is still foreign to a lot of folks in general, and hispanics tend to be a bit homophobic. Trust me, I've heard the jokes. SMH. But IDK, bring it up in barber shop conversations. Talk about how you can choke people to sleep and break arms. That should perk some possible interest. LOL. Or tell parents to put their kids in it because it's real world self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    Oh word though? Miami girls doing BJJ? I find myself tempted to move to miami suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Thaxton View Post
    Boxing is so popular with the Latino community that you would think MMA would be as well.
    Give it time. It's still a relatively new sport. It hasn't really taken root in latino communities yet. When I speak to my family about it, they still look at me like I'm speaking chinese. But they do love the good fights.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Does rolling with fellow latinos make your tech better? Are your other training partners not cuttin it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    The Latin Assassin making a forum appearance! Welcome, sir. You guys watch your back, or Alberto will have you in a Cuban Salad before you even know what hit you.

The 2 Latino Limit is a running joke in our gym.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    I have never seen less that 17 Mexicans in a car.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Wow, and you're accounting for all latino's in your criteria. I only count Mexicans. Puerto Rican spanish is slightly different and I don't need to have an argument about which avocado (Hass versus Florida) is better every time I go to train

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast