Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    I don't really see what's wrong with this guy's video. It's definitely not some super-move, but if a guy loosens up the pressure on his legs (as people do all the time, since jiu jitsu is dynamic) you can definitely circle your leg out. I usually use my free leg to elevate the guy's legs and then circle my trapped leg out. I do that constantly.

I think there's a little defensiveness going on here. I didn't hear the guy say the Lockdown sucks.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Is it unreasonable to ask these guys to stop talking about stuff they don't know? Honestly, unless you know what a real lockdown is, you can't teach an escape to it. That guy can't call that a lock down escape because that ain't a lockdown. That's like saying a guy's in spiderweb because he's defending an armbar with his hands clasped. Just because it looks like a lock down doesn't mean it's a lockdown. Just because it looks like rubber guard doesn't mean it's rubber guard.
    deep stuff. are you in the cocoon if you were really in a cocoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Van View Post
    I don't really see what's wrong with this guy's video. It's definitely not some super-move, but if a guy loosens up the pressure on his legs (as people do all the time, since jiu jitsu is dynamic) you can definitely circle your leg out. I usually use my free leg to elevate the guy's legs and then circle my trapped leg out. I do that constantly.

I think there's a little defensiveness going on here. I didn't hear the guy say the Lockdown sucks.
    Well i guess it boils down to preparing for an opponent with good tech vs a guy with bad tech. I personally would rather prepare for an opponent with good tech instead of bad because when i actually try to do this to a person who does lockdown right and i cant get my leg free then what. I have wasted time and energy on something because i relied on my opponent having bad tech. Just my 2 cents do disrespect. P.S. i think i escape lockdown the same way you do.

Array

School
    On the search
    The easiest lockdown escape has to be the buttock compressor. I marvel in the fact that Eddie puts lockdown escapes out there and no one teaches them but him. But like someone said before...half guard with double unders is going to make something happen. I never see videos of any other instructor talk about "the fight" the way Eddie does. That concept of where "the fight" is blew my world up. Half guard, the fight is getting those double unders or preventing them.

I don't really see a problem with the lockdown escapes in those videos. Just why waste your time with them when you can learn solid escapes from the guy that invented the lockdown?

Who are you going to ask to take apart a rocket engine? The guy that designed it will most likely be the best suited for the job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123