Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox

Did you guys see Rafael Mendes vs Justin Rader at ADCC

I just watched it. He transitioned from the omoplata to arm bar to the back and then got the RNC. That was one of the coolest transitions I've seen in a while.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    video?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Yeah, I saw it. He basically rewound a rolling armbar transition(back, to arm bar, to omoplata), it was pretty insane.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Yeah, I saw it. He basically rewound a rolling armbar transition(back, to arm bar, to omoplata), it was pretty insane.
    It was awesome!

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Have you had a chance to try it in the gym yet? I mean I get it but I don't get how he was retaining full control regressing through the transition. Taking an arm bar out of failed back control is one thing but how do you set up back control from a failed arm bar?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    What was the position of the failed armbar? If he was stacked he could almost armdrag while removing the leg from in front of the face to the back.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I guess "failed" is a bad term since he wasn't attempting the arm bar and just using the position for control.

I guess the confusing part is making the transition from arm bar control to the back. I'd imagine that you'd be really high, almost too high to take the back... that's the weird part that I can't figure out. Is it just physical ability or did he pendulum his weight somehow?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I could see if Rader was pulling his arm out and not putting a lot of downward pressure the armdrag would work.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Relson Gracie, Phoenix AZ
    It was beautiful. Mendes ran through Rader, as if he was a white belt.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Have you had a chance to try it in the gym yet? I mean I get it but I don't get how he was retaining full control regressing through the transition. Taking an arm bar out of failed back control is one thing but how do you set up back control from a failed arm bar?
    Radar had only two options, roll and attempt to defend the armbar or give up his back. It was more Radar giving up position to get out of the submission. Rafa didn't control what was going on, he was taking what he was being given. Controlling the chaos, not the move. Also, you're half way to the back if you're on a deep armbar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast