Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    It's interesting for him to be so self aware about his state of arrested development and how fighting from the age of 16 has effected him as a person. The dude can't even settle down long enough to buy a house.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    inside the mind of a genius ! they say all geniuses are flawed. and Nick is no exception. what motivates a great artist can be unknown to all but the artist themselves. Nick hates fighting but it's all he knows so he might as well get paid. there are music artist who perform on stage because they have too, it pays & there great at it. but the reality is that they hate attention. unfortunately getting paid for your art often means playing a industry game thats completely unatural. gimmick's don't care, & thats why theres 10 gimmick's to every real artist
    Good post.

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    He is a troubled soul...

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I need to have a boxing tutorial from him done, guy is just pure genius Van Gogh style....

Array

School
    Piittman's BJJ
    I am not to sure what to think of Nick Diaz. First of all I thought he would have no chance against Penn. I just thought Diaz was a product of inferior competetion. After I saw him break Penn, I have a new respect for his fighting abilities. He will give GSP a run for his money.
    Nick Diaz as a personality, is what I really don't like. He is on the level of the everyone else against me mentality. that mentality I feel is counter productive. In the press conference he is trying to make excuses on why he didn't want to fight, then he should have not taken the fight. If he was mad that the GSP fight didn't happen, it didn't happen because of his actions not someone elses. I even see alot of that personality in Cesar Gracie. He has a post fight video with Ariel and you hear simular thought processes on why the camp was not good, etc...
    I hope Nick does well and puts on a good fight against GSP. GSP really needs someone to push him, and Nick has the cardio and skill set to do that. It would be a good fight.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannard Reyes View Post
    I am not to sure what to think of Nick Diaz. First of all I thought he would have no chance against Penn. I just thought Diaz was a product of inferior competetion. After I saw him break Penn, I have a new respect for his fighting abilities. He will give GSP a run for his money.
    Nick Diaz as a personality, is what I really don't like. He is on the level of the everyone else against me mentality. that mentality I feel is counter productive. In the press conference he is trying to make excuses on why he didn't want to fight, then he should have not taken the fight. If he was mad that the GSP fight didn't happen, it didn't happen because of his actions not someone elses. I even see alot of that personality in Cesar Gracie. He has a post fight video with Ariel and you hear simular thought processes on why the camp was not good, etc...
    I hope Nick does well and puts on a good fight against GSP. GSP really needs someone to push him, and Nick has the cardio and skill set to do that. It would be a good fight.
    That "personality" is what makes him a great fighter. He isn't a super athlete. He doesn't have the raw talent most of the tops guys have. He has a fire in his belly that makes him great. Who else would get upset hearing they have just received a title shot? A title shot he wants badly! I love his anger. Everyone has a little Nick Diaz in them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I hated Nick Diaz's personality and loved his fight game since day 1 I saw him compete. But as I get to listen to him a little more and kinda zone out the I wanna get paid more comments and focus on what he stands for, my respect for him grows.
    Also as far as the training part I agree with him %100. If Bj trained with Nick Diaz and got his cardio situated he would be unstoppable at lightweight again, no doubt about it. He is only 32 and took less damage in his career then some guys do in their first couple pro fights. Almost perfected mma boxing, excellent ground game, best takedown defense in his weight class.
    Nick Diaz beat Bj penn by using his cardio, Bj gassed out towards the end of the first fucking round and that is unforgivable and disrespectful to his fans and people who were wearing his T-shirt in that event cheering for him.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    I hated Nick Diaz's personality and loved his fight game since day 1 I saw him compete. But as I get to listen to him a little more and kinda zone out the I wanna get paid more comments and focus on what he stands for, my respect for him grows.
    Also as far as the training part I agree with him %100. If Bj trained with Nick Diaz and got his cardio situated he would be unstoppable at lightweight again, no doubt about it. He is only 32 and took less damage in his career then some guys do in their first couple pro fights. Almost perfected mma boxing, excellent ground game, best takedown defense in his weight class.
    Nick Diaz beat Bj penn by using his cardio, Bj gassed out towards the end of the first fucking round and that is unforgivable and disrespectful to his fans and people who were wearing his T-shirt in that event cheering for him.
    What's wrong with wanting to get paid more?

Array

School
    Piittman's BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    That "personality" is what makes him a great fighter. He isn't a super athlete. He doesn't have the raw talent most of the tops guys have. He has a fire in his belly that makes him great. Who else would get upset hearing they have just received a title shot? A title shot he wants badly! I love his anger. Everyone has a little Nick Diaz in them.
    I know that every one has a little Nick in them, that mentality used to fuel me when I was younger. Always expect the worse so you are not surprised on what happens. Been there and lived that, and that mentality is counter productive. I never really got to see what my true potential was until I got rid of that thought process. I hurt myself and my loved ones by destroying everything I worked for just because I couldn't handle what comes after reaching a certain point.
    I know that rant was a little too much of me projecting on Nick, but I realy understand what he is saying, and I know that there are different ways to get ones hunger or fire then having it is me against the world thought process.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannard Reyes View Post
    That's what you call jumping on the bandwagon. He fought B.J. Penn so explaining why he did not want to do is not an excuse!..... Its just an explanation.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast