Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    What's wrong with wanting to get paid more?
    Nothing wrong with it, he just repeats it too many times and I am already familiar with that aspect of his ambition. So in order to concentrate on other parts of his personality, I need to zone that stuff out. Also I never said it is wrong that he wants to get paid more. Read the post.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannard Reyes View Post
    I know that every one has a little Nick in them, that mentality used to fuel me when I was younger. Always expect the worse so you are not surprised on what happens. Been there and lived that, and that mentality is counter productive. I never really got to see what my true potential was until I got rid of that thought process. I hurt myself and my loved ones by destroying everything I worked for just because I couldn't handle what comes after reaching a certain point.
    I know that rant was a little too much of me projecting on Nick, but I realy understand what he is saying, and I know that there are different ways to get ones
    hunger or fire then having it is me against the world thought process.
    I would say becoming a pro athlete at 18 yrs old getting a black belt in jiu jitsu winning a three championship titles and getting a shot at the ufc all while competing in triathlons for fun is pretty productive.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Piittman's BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    I would say becoming a pro athlete at 18 yrs old getting a black belt in jiu jitsu winning a three championship titles and getting a shot at the ufc all while competing in triathlons for fun is pretty productive.
    By our standards yes, but by his standards he is still complaining about the money, how no one wants to help him, how his people need to get paid etc. How much has he made from fighting? Probably more then me in a year. How much does he make from sponsors, probably more then me in a year. There is always something wrong, and it is never him or his camps fault, always something else.
    If he wanted more money then he should have went to go box. If he thought that he was not going to get the GSP fight, then he should have went to go box. If he thought he was worth more then he should have fought for what he is worth. If he thinks he is work Mayweather money, then get Mayweather money. don't complain that no one is helping you, when Dana could have let him go and start of a boxing career not making as much as he is probably making now.
    By the way I like the way Dana rephrased the question so that way Nick didn't have to dance around the subject.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    he reminds me of Mike Tyson a great fighter but he shouldn't talk to the press. He is the type of guy that would benefit from a good manager that won't rip his money off but still will get him a house and the fights he wants and the training partners he needs.

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Looked like Dana White was kinda teary-eyed and feeling like a douchebag after Diaz got deep around 5:50. There was alot of pain in Nick's eyes, he talks about running from a bad neighborhood into a good neighborhood and everyone's laughing while he's venting his frustration with the socio-economic indifferences he sees all around him. They laugh and say " just move, get a nice house" but it's not that easy for Nick, he feels guilty. He is that neighborhood. He represents alot of anrgy young people looking for a way up. I hope he finds his happy place cause he's the only one that can, but I'll be enjoying all the fights until then!

Array

School
    Rōnin
    ya theres no place like the place you grew up even if it is a shit hole.

Array

School
    10th Planet H.Q
    good point...never thought about it like this

Array

School
    Paradigm Training Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannard Reyes View Post
    By the way I like the way Dana rephrased the question so that way Nick didn't have to dance around the subject.
    It's not that he was dancing around the subject. Nick is a different type of guy, and he doesn't do well with the metaphors. Besides, that was a poor metaphor anyway, I didn't even know what that guy was talking about. Nick isn't happy with his situation, and he obviously has a shit ton on his plate. He genuinely doens't feel anyone is on his side at this point even though he has an awesome fanbase (myself included) that wants to see him kick ass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123