Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Array

School
    -Machado-Team Juarez
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Candelas, BCG View Post
    very well said...all the hate has changed me and turned me into a GI-Jiu-Jitsu hater. time to be on the offensive instead of the defensive. the revolution will take over soon enough and if not, meet us in the back alley and we can show you what's up! no rules!!!
    no rules? **carries strap**....jk.lol

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Just tryin to figure out if winning an ibjj tourney is what 10p was designed for.
    Excellent post Mr. Rivers. With positions like Russian Cowboy and the Truck which score no points in tournaments *at least from the ones I've been to and read about* we are a system that doesn't "try to win by points." And I am 100% okay with that. Our system was to designed to be able to stay offensive while minimizing or completely nullifying an opponent's ability to punch our face while on the ground. That doesn't mean that we don't and won't win in high level competition like NoGi worlds. All it means is that we may be at a disadvantage because there isn't a single part of our 10th Planet philosphy that involves stalling *please feel free to correct me if I didn't happen to read the part about the 10th Planet stall tactics section, because I must have missed it.* I am proud of all our competitors whether they won or lost. Our sytsem brings on exciting matches because we're always trying to progress the game/match/roll and transition into a dead zone and/or submission. I hope that never changes. 10th Planet for Life!

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    - Enter competition not understanding rules.

- Get disqualified.

- Complain competition isn't real rules.

- Talk on internet about how victory would ensue under your own rules.

Array

School
    BETA Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Saucedo View Post
    no rules? **carries strap**....jk.lol
    damn, i lose. well played sir.

Array

School
    NOVA Ronin, Home aka BCG
    Dude are just jealous because we are the truth! 10th planet is still young compared to "traditional BJJ". As I say "if you don't have haters you ain't doing it right!" FUCK the GI! 10th planet ALL DAY!!!
    "That is not a drug. It’s a leaf," - Arnold MOTHA F'IN Schwarzenegger

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Brown View Post
    I think 19 people got medals, if that's true then that's pretty f'ng good, not to mention at least 6 DQ's for BS rules.
    19 medals? That is impressive. Props.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Submission tournament vs bjj rules tournament.. slight difference.
    That's what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Somebody else needs to start another organization and have a real NOGI Worlds! Without all the fucking restrictions & dumbass rules!!! How can twister (guillotine) be ok in youth & high school wrestling, but adult jiu jitsu its banned.
    Haha word bro.

Quote Originally Posted by J Grooms View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me the rules seem to discriminate against anything other than traditional bjj. It's harder to break a leg with a kneebar than to break an arm with an armbar. Yet it's not allowed at lower ranks. they seem to think that if you are a purple belt you won't be able to tap from a kneebar to save your leg. Same with bicep and calf slicers. Why are those not allowed at lower ranks?

That's just how it seems to me.
    Yeah. It's IBJJF. The rules are basically gi rules...without the gi.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Thats what I was kinda workin towards. Many people are trying to corrolate the results of this tourney to 10ps evolution and success. Im thinkin its not so relevent.
    You have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    Excellent post Mr. Rivers. With positions like Russian Cowboy and the Truck which score no points in tournaments *at least from the ones I've been to and read about* we are a system that doesn't "try to win by points." And I am 100% okay with that. Our system was to designed to be able to stay offensive while minimizing or completely nullifying an opponent's ability to punch our face while on the ground. That doesn't mean that we don't and won't win in high level competition like NoGi worlds. All it means is that we may be at a disadvantage because there isn't a single part of our 10th Planet philosphy that involves stalling *please feel free to correct me if I didn't happen to read the part about the 10th Planet stall tactics section, because I must have missed it.* I am proud of all our competitors whether they won or lost. Our sytsem brings on exciting matches because we're always trying to progress the game/match/roll and transition into a dead zone and/or submission. I hope that never changes. 10th Planet for Life!
    You have a great point.

I mean, if the style is designed to submit, then most 10planeteers are going to be sub focused and not points focused. Gi BJJ guys are def points focused. The IBJJF rules are ingrained in their very muscle fibers. That's what they train for. I'd say that's an advantage. I'd like the stats on how many guys won by points rather than sub. ADCC=tons of sub. BJJ tourneys=tons of points victories. If it was a sub based comp, we might see different results.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias Sieber View Post
    Duh! It's the IBJJF... Of course!

But what's your point? My one is beating "them" at their own game is fun.
    +1 I agree with you

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    With positions like Russian Cowboy and the Truck which score no points in tournaments *at least from the ones I've been to and read about* we are a system that doesn't "try to win by points." And I am 100% okay with that.
    That's kinda what I was getting at. The russian cowboy is traditionally Sambo or Catch. The truck is traditionally Catch or HS wrestling. The open mindedness of the 10th planet philosophy has brought these thing into its game, but the close mindedness of the ibjjf has to catch up with the times. No Gi has evolved into a new creature all together.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Grooms View Post
    That's kinda what I was getting at. The russian cowboy is traditionally Sambo or Catch. The truck is traditionally Catch or HS wrestling. The open mindedness of the 10th planet philosophy has brought these thing into its game, but the close mindedness of the ibjjf has to catch up with the times. No Gi has evolved into a new creature all together.
    I been leaning toward this idea for a bit now. Comparing BJJ to Nogi is comparing Rugby to football. Or, BJJ to Sambo, as you mentioned. Nogi is a different animal altogether. Yeah it has similar elements, but it's not quite the same. That's how I see it though.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Blaming the rules like people are doing is just so stupid.

Rafa Mendes reaps the shit out of knees when competing in ADCC, watch his matches against Cobrinha. That doesn't stop him from winning under IBJJF rules. It's called being intelligent and knowing what you're doing with your own body. Saying the rules don't allow for this evolved jiu jitsu is patting yourselves on the back a little too much.

Also, the electric chair could definitely be considered a leg lock at blue belt. I've watched it tear ACL's so don't say the move has no potential for leg injury.

Next, don't criticize ppl for winning. It's not a "traditional" mindset, to score and protect your lead. It occurs in basically all sports. Just because you think it's cooler to sacrifice position than to preserve your advancement doesn't mean you've evolved the sport. It means you're losing on points.

It's never going to help the system by responding with these ridiculous criticisms of strategy and rules. It's still a level playing field between 2 individuals, just get better.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast