Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar Ocasio View Post
    I mean i would expect something like this.....they were waiting for their chance to take a shot at 10th planet.....shows you how much they care about us....they watch our every move!.... This is why im so down for the system...love being the underdog...cant wait for next year
    hahaha! Omar you hit it exactly.. the more they try to hate, the stronger our bond becomes.. Let em hate and watch us grow.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Iles View Post
    Perhaps I post this response in your other thread, but it fits nicely in this one too.

If the rules in this no-gi tournament allow competitors to stall when they are up on points, why would you assume that when competitors use this tactic it is necessarily carryover from gi tournaments. It doesn't seem like it matters whether competitors are trained in the gi or not - if they can win by advantages or points and will not be penalized for stalling, I don't see what them training in the gi (or not) has to do with it.
    Submission tournament vs bjj rules tournament.. slight difference.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by ian quinto View Post
    blue/purple - only straight ankle lock is allowed. all other leg attacks are illegal.

brown/black - straight ankle, kneebar, toehold, calf crank, and i think banana split/crotch ripper/electric chair are allowed.

no heel hooks (or knee reaping) are allowed from blue-black. period.
    Somebody else needs to start another organization and have a real NOGI Worlds! Without all the fucking restrictions & dumbass rules!!! How can twister (guillotine) be ok in youth & high school wrestling, but adult jiu jitsu its banned.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    I though there wasnt clear guidance on hip attacks?
    From Sherdog forum:

I remember reading here (hearsay) that Francesco Mansyur was asked if the move was illegal and after seeing it he reluctantly said their are no rules against hip/groin stretches.

The move is so obscure that people who have been around for years don't even think about it, but when a head ref was asked it was deemed legal. You can't just disqualify people if you don't know what it is, and their are plenty of legal moves that put pressure on the knee anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCunningham View Post
    From Sherdog forum:
    Ya its super obscure.....Is there a rule about us going over there and fucking with them cuz i am going to.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    There shouldn't be any complaints made about the rules. If you compete in an event you should study the rules. If you don't like the rules then do not compete. Its very simple. People who choose to compete should have a desire to win and win bad. That desire should motivate them to train very very hard. Training includes learning to utilize the rules. You can utilize the rules and still have exciting submissions or attempts without compromising position.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Stewart
    There shouldn't be any complaints made about the rules. If you compete in an event you should study the rules. If you don't like the rules then do not compete. Its very simple. People who choose to compete should have a desire to win and win bad. That desire should motivate them to train very very hard. Training includes learning to utilize the rules. You can utilize the rules and still have exciting submissions or attempts without compromising position.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

And if you want to be taken seriously in the JJ community than be smart and work within the rules of the IBJJF and not get DQed at the Worlds, because you think you van do whatever the fuck you want to do. There are many tournaments like NAGA or our Hugging Day series where pretty much every submission is allowed.

Stop being keyboard warriors and reevaluate your own training.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Rules and Bones are Not made to be broken.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I agree. If you sign on the dotted line, show up to the rules meeting, ask alot of questions. I annoy the fuck out of them cause I ask about everything. Slicers, hip manipulation, cranks, hooks. Some places unders ibjj rules allow hip attacks as long as the knee and back are not attacked. It really depends on the individual ref.

What im sayin is, how they choose to score it, really takes away alot of what I love about jj. Two dudes tryin to kill eachother without strikes. I am a much bigger fan of alternative scoring systems. Naga's is pretty good. Anything that is gonna give more weight to sub attempts along with positional advancement. Regardless of the rules you prefer, its their tourney.

Would your overall jj style change from trying to excel in certain tourneys? Or if your that good do you only need to make strategic adjustments? Do any of y'all think it could inhibit your mma jj by focusing on tourney jj?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Stewart View Post
    There shouldn't be any complaints made about the rules. If you compete in an event you should study the rules. If you don't like the rules then do not compete. Its very simple.

/thread

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast