Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    it all on me for the adrenaline dump i know ...it sucks ...maybe it will come in time..atleast i know my problem ...thanks u guys

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I have been competing my whole life, keep competing and just relax before during and after matches.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by robert gero View Post
    it all on me for the adrenaline dump i know ...it sucks ...maybe it will come in time..atleast i know my problem ...thanks u guys
    Whatever your religion or non religion, use a device to take your mind off the anxiety. Treat it as another day of rolling if it helps. Meditate. Pray. Whatever helps. Smoke some green. Just relax. My assumption...whatever position you're in during a tourney, you've been in during rolling...so be just as calm. Get me?

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    obv you are not doing enough interval training

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    went to a different gym of a friend of mine to get some work in during 5 min rolling session back to back..I notice that after the second match i was dead tired.....but after that i kinda got my second wind and i was somewhat better evene though i was rolling hard...

Array

School
    Team Shark
    are you replenishing your electrolytes effectively? I mean, one gatorade won't be enough for inbetween matches. you need to have been loaded up on sodium, potassium, magnessium, and calcium. muscle contraction is dependent upon the presence of calcium, sodium , and potassium . Without the proper levels of these key electrolytes, muscle weakness or severe muscle contractions will probably occur.

I make a dank ass gatorade with a bunch more sodium and potassium than contains about 1000 mg of potassium and 1500 mg of sodium. the idea isn't to drink the whole thing inbetween matches, but to take a few sips contain enough electrolytes to keep me going.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by robert gero View Post
    The more you compete the more comfortable you will get and the better you will be able to control your energy and ride out the adrenaline wave. When I first started competing the same thing would happen to me. If you keep working and competing this will get better. Also try practicing the competition matches. When you roll at the gym dont just have a BJJ roll get a friend start on your feet, count points ect. This makes a big difference in your psyche.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    When you say good cardio.....do you mean treadmill cardio or actul BJJ cardio. Coach brought that up with me. I mentioned hitting the treadmill to increase my cardio. He's like, it will increase your cardio for jogging. LOL. BJJ cardio is a different monster, I guess.
    This is what I was going to suggest. There's a guy who runs a Crossfit gym half a block from our dojo, and he is a MONSTER. An absolute freak of nature. But, when we roll, he's gassed to death in 5 minutes or less. He can run for miles and do all kinds of other crazy stuff but since he only comes by to roll once or twice a year his JJ cardio sucks.

We play a game we stole from Randy Couture's book: Shark Bait. Have a bunch of your buddies make ready, and roll with one of them at full force. Then, about two minutes in, have someone yell "switch!" and that partner jumps out and someone else jumps on you from wherever he's standing. Continue until you've gone through all partners or until dead. If you tap, reset in guard. If they tap, next man in.

Array

School
    Easton
    If you matches are 6 minutes, doing burpees and sprawls for 7 minutes as practice will help your pace. For me I feel faint from the standup.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast