Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    From personal competition experience I have always been one of, if not the smallest guys. There is always going to be someone bigger and stronger than you. I am 15 and have been competing since 13 and have 10 competition losses. 7 of those were some of my best matches and I learned from every single one. Whether it was not to leave my neck open or just to calm down, I learned. Sometimes it is hard to see the lesson, but I'm sure you can find it.

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Mmmmm...riddled with teh ghey...this is.

-Yoda

Array

School
    10th Planet Sherman
    I'd reply something meaningful to this...but Tyler pretty much stole my answer. -.-
    THANKS!

Array

School
    IVAM MACIEL BJJ PROCESSING BRIGHTON HOTBOX...
    Conor,
    I got carried away with myself & self inflated my ability in judo(national rankings,GB team selection) then finally got smashed in a comp,by people I had beaten.I didnt take up the sport until I was 23,so out of my adolescence turmoil.The drive back with my coach was a soul search & definate come down to reality.I am mortal & my ego needed the kicking I got handed that day.
    I then ENJOYED myself again,I was doing a martial art that teaches humility and discipline,I had lost my rag in comps & been disrepectful to the ref & opponent,we are lucky to do something physical with like minded friends,after nearly losing my leg 6 years ago,I enjoy what ever opportunity I get on the mats,its there as my reward now after focusing on my family & job.
    Get the time out to be you,dont believe your own hype,play with techniques & be humble to losing,gym or comps.
    The important thing is youve been mature enough to recognise that a break is required.
    God speed.....

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Knowing that you need to take a break is a good thing. Often is is the difference in the long run that helps you eventually make the finish line. There is life off the mats. Relax, enjoy life, and when you are ready, beat some more ass! Good luck

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345