Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

How to deal with my ego double edge sword?

Well long story short we all have ego problems and all and deal with them in different ways...Well we had a guy who been training about 3 years more than me and he got like 40 pounds on me...He is young like 22 or something so i try to understand that he going to go hard and go near 100%...but it like he been warned even banned from our gym then he comes back here and thier.....I guess my main point is how do you deal with things like this when it and average day and your sparring and someone like that is going 100 percent and even like when u go to mission control they try to slam u to get out...you go for de la riva they runny away hard....you still going easy but inside u want to get into a pissing war and go tick for tack with them..? I still took the high road and did my thing at going normal and flowing..he continued to go 110% and treating it like a mma match? i guess my ego is saying dam robert he just treated u like a bitch and why didnt you go tick for tack with him? the other side is saying good job keeping you cool... i fill frustrated that i didnt go tick for tack with him...ego or normal?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    You may want to start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_for_tat
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    You may want to start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_for_tat
    I thought he was trying to say the guy had bad breath....
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by robert gero View Post
    Well long story short we all have ego problems and all and deal with them in different ways...Well we had a guy who been training about 3 years more than me and he got like 40 pounds on me...He is young like 22 or something so i try to understand that he going to go hard and go near 100%...but it like he been warned even banned from our gym then he comes back here and thier.....I guess my main point is how do you deal with things like this when it and average day and your sparring and someone like that is going 100 percent and even like when u go to mission control they try to slam u to get out...you go for de la riva they runny away hard....you still going easy but inside u want to get into a pissing war and go tick for tack with them..? I still took the high road and did my thing at going normal and flowing..he continued to go 110% and treating it like a mma match? i guess my ego is saying dam robert he just treated u like a bitch and why didnt you go tick for tack with him? the other side is saying good job keeping you cool... i fill frustrated that i didnt go tick for tack with him...ego or normal?
    You feel frustrated, you fill a container.

Their not thier and actually he comes back "here and there".

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Damn guys, so rough LOL! Rob, just train bro! If training for you is flowing, then flow! Keep your tech tight and eventualy you will be the hammer, instead of the nail! Good luck, train hard, and try not to feel so frustrated

Array

School
    ok...just meant how do you guys personally handle the situation when a guy is going abu dhabi on you? not that you couldnt beat him or match him? I was struggling with the fact that if i turn it up and started going hard it could get messy and dangerous...I was going like 50 percent and he was going 100 and that is ok, but dam when i catch you in mission control and about to traingle you i get a slam? I was wondering how you guys would handle this situation as i know it will happen again even if it not him........ @ jonathan seems to me like you like taking jabs at people and all the time.....i finshed 2nd at the worlds and first at every other tourney naga,usgrappling etc... i still suck and try to be humble as i can with my shitty ego...but dam jonathan i never see or here you competing or placing in any event? hetzog or what ever good jab also to you....i will go learn to spell and correct my grammar as soon as you go to a tourny and compete instead of making vids and taking jabs... dude when the last time you competed? just saying both of allways take jabs at me look back at all my post .....

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Hook the leg? Let go of Mission control? Those would be options. I have guys go hard all the time, it is the nature of the beast. We all have to keep our ego's in check myself included! But, now you're getting butt hurt and attacking our brothers and Affiliate owners who have had the "10Th Planet's back" since the start... Not sure where you're going or what you're trying to accomplish in your attack on Chris...

Array

School
    Ronin
    hahah Oooo shit he just called out zog! I have never competed, whats your point? That has nothing to do with your continuous mutilation of the English language.

Array

School
    my bad zog i aplogize....cant delete post ... Jonathan dam get off other people nuts..lol

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    What I ALWAYS do is tap out and roll someone else. It works every time, if you don't mind tapping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast