Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: weight cutting

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin C. View Post
    you might find this interesting i know i did http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html
    There was a lot of good info in that piece but the main thing is practice just like anything else. Get your reps in I have been doing the same cutting techniques off and on for 15 years now. The more you do it the better your body will respond. I do know that if you do the cutt right you wont have any lasting effects.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by C. R. Lovitt View Post
    Yeah, the thing is - I'm weighing 159 and the weight class is 155... Hopefully I can do the sauna technique and make weight for this tournament next weekend.

Cheers.
    Short bursts of body weight % that low is ok. Long term is when it gets dangerous. Four pounds shouldnt be to bad just be aware if you stop sweating and get chills etc. your severely dehydrated and the cutt will end up hurting you. Good luck at the event.

Dustin C.

i never tried it so do you guys feel a big difference when you do cut weight, is it worth it?

Array

School
    Ground Control Baltimore City
    Man I cut from 215 to 199 for the NAGA MD tournament last weekend and was just pathetic. I should've stayed in the 200 to 220 weight class. Maybe I'll stick around 210 and try to get to 200 gradually so I can wrestle smaller guys AND keep my strength.

I would only cut like 5 or 6 pounds for future tournaments.

Array

School
    Burning Sands Gym Cairo Egypt
    I used to have a big problem cutting weight wrestling in college and high school. It was because I waited to long before I started to cut, then I would cut up to 5 pounds the night before a match. This is really living dangerous. Now I maintain fighting weight all the time by living in condition. For me this is the best way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123