Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    How much does your opponent's flexibility come into play? I tried this submission last night but wasn't able to get the tap.
    The guy I had locked up with this is pretty flexible & while it caused some discomfort - I could not push the wrist hard enough to get him to tap.

After re-watching the video I think maybe I wasn't angled off to the side enough in the guard position. I'm going to try again tomorrow but if you have any tips please share if you think it might help me. Thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Sofia Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sioda View Post
    How much does your opponent's flexibility come into play? I tried this submission last night but wasn't able to get the tap.
    The guy I had locked up with this is pretty flexible & while it caused some discomfort - I could not push the wrist hard enough to get him to tap.

After re-watching the video I think maybe I wasn't angled off to the side enough in the guard position. I'm going to try again tomorrow but if you have any tips please share if you think it might help me. Thanks!
    If you are trying to get it on somebody who is EXTREMELY flexible is gonna be hard like you are doing any joint lock to such guys (it is very hard both to get it and second to finish it). Do it several times as a basic submission drill to feel the position and the technique, and try it not only from rubber guard , pyramid setup to triangle is also a good way! And as you mentioned - the angle is the most important thing - switch the hips as much as posible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234