Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Make a little more time for training unless what was said before about helping the p's keep the lights on. Thats crazy I wont let my teenagers fight until they are eighteen. More time to enjoy life and train up without destroying their bodies to bad. Good luck bro life is all about finding the balance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Sherman
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefheart View Post
    lol, you should probably train for an mma fight unless you wanna wake up in a hospital asking who the fuck you are for the next 3 days., (this happened to me, for real).

also wtf kind of 16 year old kid works 8 hours a day six days a week and goes to school full time, how the fuck is that possible?>
    Tons of energy drinks and very little sleep.

Array

School
    10th Planet Sherman
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    Make a little more time for training unless what was said before about helping the p's keep the lights on. Thats crazy I wont let my teenagers fight until they are eighteen. More time to enjoy life and train up without destroying their bodies to bad. Good luck bro life is all about finding the balance.
    Yeah, I understand. I don't mind fighting but, my trainer and others are a little hesitant to throw me into it so young.

Array

School
    10th Planet Sherman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hyatt View Post
    I dunno. Seems to me you only have so much time in life to train and fight. If you're like most people, you'll probably be working the rest of your life. Ask most of the over-30 crowd here (especially those who didn't start training anything at all until they hit 30) if they could go back to being 16, would they spend more time training jitz or more time at work? Lemme know if you get anything other than a 100%, "more jitz", response.

If you're asking for advice, mine is: train like your life depended on it. You don't get to keep a healthy body forever. You get your whole life to work if that's what you want to do. You can't be 16 again at 40 and THEN decide to train instead of work. Soak up all the training you can right now. You can't get back the mat time you skip.
    Best answer so far. Just what I wanted to hear.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hyatt View Post
    I dunno. Seems to me you only have so much time in life to train and fight. If you're like most people, you'll probably be working the rest of your life. Ask most of the over-30 crowd here (especially those who didn't start training anything at all until they hit 30) if they could go back to being 16, would they spend more time training jitz or more time at work? Lemme know if you get anything other than a 100%, "more jitz", response.

If you're asking for advice, mine is: train like your life depended on it. You don't get to keep a healthy body forever. You get your whole life to work if that's what you want to do. You can't be 16 again at 40 and THEN decide to train instead of work. Soak up all the training you can right now. You can't get back the mat time you skip.
    +1

Let us know how it turns out man. Best of luck!

Array

School
    10th planet Hotbox Dawsonville :) North Georgia MMA
    I have people at the MMA school pushing me compete in the cage next year , But to be honest I'm really not feeling yet , I prefer jiu jitsu myself. But maybe in time. Go with what your heart and mind are telling you.

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    hey dude I trained with you a couple of times. Its been a while since I have been to sherman since I live in lewisville in fact I started training closer because of gas issues. I just turned 24 and I feel like I am late in on the game (even though I am not). I started training at 22 and I evvy you to be lucky to be so young and to have the skills you have. For those of you who dont know this kid is very good at jiujitsu, and works the bag pretty well from what I can remember. I had maybe 40 + pounds on him and he could hang with me no issues and I am sure he submitted a few times.

Anyways, I wouldnt be surprised if michael is hesitant to put you in the cage, in fact I was certain you had to be at least 18 but maybe I am wrong. You have a great base already, but to do mma relying on your ground skills wont be enough. I have trained hard since I started to jj, and even though I have been working on rounding my skill out the past few months I dont think I am ready. I to am planning on doing an mma fight, and I have been getting in the best shape of my life in order to do so. If you want to fight as bad as I do, then I know the only choice is to just do it. But I wont let myself step inside the cage until I am certain that the only reason I would loose is because the other guy is simply the better fighter, and not because I came unprepared. I am glad so you on here, honestly it has been so long since I have posted and I am even more glad to see you take fighting seriously I think you have what it takes. Please let me know how your fight turns out and let michael know I will be visiting soon. Not sure if you remember me but I was there that one day that fat red head dude came in saying he was an mma fighter looking for other fighters to start a team and you triangle chocked his poser ass out of the gym it was legit. Take care bro and train as hard as you can!

Array

School
    10th Planet Sherman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lopez View Post
    hey dude I trained with you a couple of times. Its been a while since I have been to sherman since I live in lewisville in fact I started training closer because of gas issues. I just turned 24 and I feel like I am late in on the game (even though I am not). I started training at 22 and I evvy you to be lucky to be so young and to have the skills you have. For those of you who dont know this kid is very good at jiujitsu, and works the bag pretty well from what I can remember. I had maybe 40 + pounds on him and he could hang with me no issues and I am sure he submitted a few times.

Anyways, I wouldnt be surprised if michael is hesitant to put you in the cage, in fact I was certain you had to be at least 18 but maybe I am wrong. You have a great base already, but to do mma relying on your ground skills wont be enough. I have trained hard since I started to jj, and even though I have been working on rounding my skill out the past few months I dont think I am ready. I to am planning on doing an mma fight, and I have been getting in the best shape of my life in order to do so. If you want to fight as bad as I do, then I know the only choice is to just do it. But I wont let myself step inside the cage until I am certain that the only reason I would loose is because the other guy is simply the better fighter, and not because I came unprepared. I am glad so you on here, honestly it has been so long since I have posted and I am even more glad to see you take fighting seriously I think you have what it takes. Please let me know how your fight turns out and let michael know I will be visiting soon. Not sure if you remember me but I was there that one day that fat red head dude came in saying he was an mma fighter looking for other fighters to start a team and you triangle chocked his poser ass out of the gym it was legit. Take care bro and train as hard as you can!
    Thanks, i think i remember you but i definitely remember them.

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Dylan, don't let "The Kza" fire you up. The last person you should take serious on this fourm is someone who constantly gives "advice" yet hides behind anonymity.

Dylan priortise first. Is there a ncessity to work that many hours at your age? Are you working out of necessity?

Remember that preperation is paramount to successes. Especially at a young age while your body is developing, that last thing you want to do at this point in you life is go into something as demanding a MMA or Kickboxing fight unprepared and risk your health.

All great champions make personal sacrifices, you have to ask yourself is the reward greater that whats being sacrifcied? Or would it be more benificial to put off the fight for awhile and focus on school & work.
    +1
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Some people make the pursuit of money and the acquisition of 'stuff' there main priority in life due to social standards that have been set and expected by society. They work their asses off through the prime of their life sacrificing joy, passion, self discovery all for a career that does not satisfy any of these crucial parts of enjoying your 1 life. Cliche, but true, you dont wanna look back and say 'What if?' Most of us gotta work, but this is a no brainer. If I cant train, I need a diff job. Try serving or bussing on the weekends.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast