Array

School
    JRCS (Dubai, UAE)

Whats the best way to relieve neck pain after a guillotine choke??

before the summer I was rolling and this guy caught me in a guillotine choke which hurt the back of my neck. Three months later another guy catches me in the same choke and I got the same pain in the back of my neck....it hurts alot and i was wondering if the same thing happened to anyone? and if someone could advise me as to what to do??

listen I wanna tell you a story. Its a story of how i get my neck sore for two weeks against a can opener machine man. Every time I be pulling to that rubber guard he be can opening. My neck was fed up. I never tapped of course but shit. I learned to push his elbows inward. Nullify that shit. I just took a lot of pain medication for it. Stilled rolled. Part of the game yo.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Put some tussin on it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

K Madden

few things are going to help.
    any anti-inflamitory is going to do a decent job, but not 100%. dont take more than 2 though. you dont need to dump a bunch of trash into your system.

DONT MOVE IT. stretching it, wiggling, popping are only going to retear the small muscles (and hopefully not tendons) that were originally stretched.
    keep it as still as possible throughout the day, and let that blood get to the area to repair.
    highly recommend heat packs/pads. that will increase the blood flow to the area without having to squeeze or knead it.

also, if you feel like your body isnt recovering from muscle breakdown, try including more protien in your diet.
    usually, a simple PB&J will do the trick- believe it or not.

again, KEEP STILL, ibuprofen, heat packs, protein.

good luck! those annoying injuries suck.

Array

School
    JRCS (Dubai, UAE)
    thanks guys really appreciate the advice

Array

School
    lost
    I'm not sure how to relieve it but to prevent it I stretched my neck out so my chin feels comfortable when pressed against my chest. Someone recently did a crucifix neckcrank on me and dropped his entire weight on my neck and I wasn't hurt.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Royler adjusted my neck while showing a north south choke, he and I both felt a vertebrae move in and then pop out when he released... I went for a year and a half not knowing why my arm hurt and was weak as hell. My chiro suggested getting an MRI of my neck and bam there she was, a slightly bulging disk causing a pinched nerve! So anytime anyone I know has a neck prob, I highly suggest getting an MRI just to be safe.