Array

School
    Sergio Penha

Romero "Jacare" Cavalcanti on OpenMatRadio.com

As always we thank you for supporting the show! On this episode we announce a new contest for some 31Fifty Gear. Check out the link below for the show and the contest details.

Open Mat Radio

Array

School
    Sergio Penha

For those of you that wanted to know about the latest contest. Give us good, bad or ugly reviews on iTunes and then email it to us. We can't track iTunes names and need your email to let you know if you won. We will NEVER sell or share your email or personal info. We appreciate all the feedback! No matter what your review is you'll be entered as we pick all winners by random.

Array

School
    Shayne Simpson MMA
    Another great one guys! Thinks again. Also enjoyed your conversation after the interview about the importance of checking your ego at the door and your instructor rolling with you. Great stuff

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Thanks for the support. Glad you liked the show. We appreciate the feedback.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Thanks for the bump. Gonna check it out now.

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    In the interview Jacare talked about a conversation with Carlinhos regarding a need for a rule change regarding double guard pulls.*

What do you think about adding rules into jiu jitsu? Do they help being the sport back to its roots OR do more rules only create more problems (see Judo) ?

Array

School
    Shayne Simpson MMA
    Depends on the rules. I think the majority of the rules they have been adding suck, but there are also rules that should be installed to bring it back to its roots. F the bullshit and make everything submission only!

Great show! 10th Planet Portland was also an Alliance affiliate for our Gi program,at one time.I got certified to Instruct by Jacare'! He's a cool dude with an incredible history.Keep up the awesome shows!

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Quote Originally Posted by Salami View Post
    Great show! 10th Planet Portland was also an Alliance affiliate for our Gi program,at one time.I got certified to Instruct by Jacare'! He's a cool dude with an incredible history.Keep up the awesome shows!
    Thanks for the support. Can you clarify how it works that you're able to train 10th Planet and Alliance? For instance, could you have two different belts. I know Horowich competed as a blue at the San Diego trails for World Pro but I thought he was a purple or brown under Eddie. Just curious how it all works.