Array

School
    Dragon Academy/ 10th Planet Ronin
    Chicago, IL (USA) & San Pablo, Laguna (PH)

FAQ: MTS Video Playback Issue

Note: This guide was not written by 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu nor do they accept responsibility for any misuse of it. Use at your own risk! If this guide violates any rules then feel free to remove it.

This quick guide was written for those having trouble viewing the videos in the Techniques section. If you have any questions PLEASE do not hesitate and ask!

First things first, if you are using Internet Explorer or Firefox please update to the latest STABLE version.
    Second, all the video loaders (YouTube/Video Press) are FLASH based. Make sure you have the updated version of ADOBE FLASH
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and take the check off McAfee Security Scan Plus

If you are an Apple (Mac) or Linux user and using Safari make sure your Safari Plug-in for Adobe Flash is up-to-date
    http://www.apple.com/safari/download/plugins.html

With all your software updated you should have no trouble viewing any of the videos, except if your internet connection is slow or goes in and out. If that is the case then the next part is for you.

Internet Explorer/ Firefox
    Windows Users

What am I(you) going to need?
    + Updated Flash Player
    + Ant.com Video Downloader http://www.ant.com/video-downloader
    + Lots of Hard Drive Space
    + VLC PLayer http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
    Note: All software mention and links are FREE from their publishers
    Note2: I used Ant Video Downloader because it's a simple 1-click to download and it's constantly updated with each explorer update

Once you have the Ant Video Downloader installed go to 10thplanetjj.com and login and head to the technique section and click on a video you want. You screen should look similar to this

Firefox

Internet Explorer

Now click on a Video, I'll click on MTS 42: Hub & Tug since it's the most current episode as today's date
    Once the video starts playing you will notice the Download button in Ant.com Video Downloader became click-able

Click the button and the video will start downloading to your computer
    (By Default it downloads to your Download Folder)

Once the video is downloaded you can click the Browse button and watch the video anytime.
    I recommended VLC Player because it can play all formats and you can record clips from the videos if you just wanted to watch certain parts or make a collection of clips to transfer over your Smart device like iPod/iPad, Zune, Kindle Fire, etc

Last edited by Gabriel Oquendo; 07-06-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Array

School
    All The MAC Addicts

I purposely black out some address because they provide direct links to the video which is believed that we do not want non-premium members having access to

What am I(you going to need?
    + Updated Version of Safari
    + Updated Adobe Flash Plug-In http://www.apple.com/safari/download/plugins.html
    + VLC Player or Quicktime to Watch Videos
    + jDownloader to get the videos
    Note: jDownloader requires an updated JAVA version http://java.com/en/

Open up Safari and go to 10thplanetjj.com and login, click on Techniques
    Start up a video and pause it once it starts
    In the Safari tabs click on Window and click on Activity

Scroll down till you see a huge file that is downloading (usually over 1000MB)

You should see MTS plus the episode name .mp4

Double click on the link and it will open the video (Direct Link) in a different window, copy the address and paste it into jDownloader's Linkgrabber tab

Click download and your good to go
    Last edited by Gabriel Oquendo; 07-06-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    If you're looking for general feedback then MTS has always worked fine for me so no complaints whatsoever,
    Never had any problems on either safari or google chrome, it works a lot better on safari but then so does everything else.

Seems like youve had to go to a lot of trouble when basically the problem is peeps not keeping their shit up to date.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    If you're looking for general feedback then MTS has always worked fine for me so no complaints whatsoever,
    Never had any problems on either safari or google chrome, it works a lot better on safari but then so does everything else.

Seems like youve had to go to a lot of trouble when basically the problem is peeps not keeping their shit up to date.
    That pretty much was the majority of problems people had. I read through the last 13 pages of posts and see a lot of people were having issues, so I took some time to write up these quick FAQS, but I know i've had these issues before.

I like google chrome also, but I know it frustrates a lot of people with the contact Java updates and freezes.

Hopefully this will help a lot of people

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Cool. I wrote an app that has all of the links hardcoded and I incorporated the technique guide (using direct links instead of the ones I shared on the forum) that allows me to open directly to a vid/technique. It makes the MTS experience so much better because it's fast (as hell actually). So when I go to take a dump I can watch a video real quick without having to load the website. 'tis pretty awesome indeed.

Array

School
    I'd definitely get that app if you share it or publish it