Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    RMNU

1/4 Guard question

I like Eddie's strategy to start off safe and just march down the field one play at a time. So what if I grab the foot and he immediately flips to Capoeria pass? B.M. jacked my whole game over and over with this

complicated stuff. quarter guard if you pull it you better specialize in it.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    I'm not sure if this will help, but I see eddie underhooking the thigh of his opponent's free leg when he's demonstrating 1/4 guard setups on MTS.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by David Stager View Post
    I'm not sure if this will help, but I see eddie underhooking the thigh of his opponent's free leg when he's demonstrating 1/4 guard setups on MTS.
    Makes sense but I'm really wondering what to do once it happens not how to prevent it.

Array

School
    Does he land with his elbow in your armpit or does he go for head control?

Array

School
    RMNU
    Elbow

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I would have to see the transition. He's probably catchin you in no man's land and takin it. Brandons a crafty dude. Are you elevating his ankle with your outside hook as you grab the leg? Own your elbows once you start the transition, dont let him get that elbow in. Also protects the kimura. Have a good exit if he defends well. A thread to base or post back to butterfly.

Array

School
    Have you seen the beginning of MTS 31? Eddie demonstrates a ninja choke counter to capoeira. If that's not your cup of tea (personally, I'm not sold on the ninja choke yet), at the 4:15 mark he talks about another counter whereby you fight the elbow in the armpit and regain your underhook on that side. Then you threaten to come on top by bridging into him, this should get him to react by swinging his leg back over, and now you have him in half guard.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Thanks guys. I just had no idea what to do from there.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I would have to see the transition. He's probably catchin you in no man's land and takin it. Brandons a crafty dude. Are you elevating his ankle with your outside hook as you grab the leg? Own your elbows once you start the transition, dont let him get that elbow in. Also protects the kimura. Have a good exit if he defends well. A thread to base or post back to butterfly.
    I grab the foot and before I can get any upper body control he's gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast