Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Darkside (Gainesville, FL)/Gracie Barra Clearwater
    I lost my first fight by decision. I had a concussion, fractured orbital, and fractured nasal bone. They told me I was going to need surgery. I did my own therapy (looked up what happened to fractured orbitals, etc.). I didn't take the antibiotics they gave me, did my own therapy by looking into the pain (I would get double vision) and breathing as I looked around the full range of motion of my eye. After about a month everything went back to normal, haven't really had any trouble since. My point is that 1.) doctors are out to make money and 2.) MMA is human cockfighting. Don't do it if you can't take getting hurt, and you have to acknowledge the very real possibility of a life changing (ending doubtful but very possible) injury if you do. I've stopped fighting MMA because I think it's fucking stupid (I had one more fight after this and won) but it's certainly a nice distraction from the real world (and is important to learn, I'm more referring to the getting in the cage and beating each other up part, especially with how little money early pro MMA fighters make).

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by 10th Planet Riverside, Ca View Post
    A friend of mine had an early MMA fight against a Chuck Lydell division one
    wrestler student. This was before the fighters wore gloves. The fight went
    the distance. Apparently the bones in the face shatter like glass. It took
    him awhile to get well. We rushed him to the hospital after the fight. He had
    to pay money out of his own pocket that his insurance wouldn't pay. How
    much do the gloves actually protect the face? They say they are more for
    protecting the hands.

Before And After Photos Of UFC Fighter Shane Carwin's Face ...
    Before And After Photos Of UFC Fighter Shane Carwin's Face ... They let them fight while ... “shane carwin face” is a hot search term for this page ...
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/sportsfeeder...ns-face-before... - Cached
    #
    The 10 Worst MMA Post-Fight Faces of 2011 | Bleacher Report
    ... swollen faces. The images in this ... Mark Hunt showed the world why he is the most feared MMA fighter with a ... After the fight, Chris' face was left a bloody ...
    bleacherreport.com/articles/780628-the-10-worst-ufc-post... - Cached
    More results from bleacherreport.com »
    Dude your links did not make it but I'd like to see them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside, California
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    Dude your links did not make it but I'd like to see them.
    Andy, All you have to do is type in MMA fighter faces after fights and click on the search thing.
    Got it dude?

I've only had 1 mma fight, but before that ive been in some very serious street fights resulting in me waking up with a loss of memory and a fractured cheekbone. Didn't do anything for it but I felt soreness in my teeth for about 3 months. after that I decided to sign up for mma because it was time to learn wrestling because those were the people beating my ass haha. But, rest ice compression and elevation seems to be a cure all for when bones and ligaments stay intact I guess. Also, steriods seem to help a lot if you listened to this last podcast.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    this is pretty straight foward but endswell works wonders. if you don't have the actual applicator a cold spoon substitutes just fine. Usually just put a ton of constant pressure and smooth out the bumps and bruises in downward strokes or outward from the eye. Keep that spoon on ice in the freezer, the chill will help numb the pain a bit. I'll usually work at it for 15-30 minutes at a time depending on how bad it is. You're always gonna see discoloration for a couple days but the actual swelling or bruising is rather easy to remedy within the first 24 hours.

If you feel a sharp throbbing or a little fragment of hardness within the bruise listen to your body. it is possible for bone to break in the tissue and you will more than likely feel it if that's the case. The body will react rather sharply to it as it will have acute pain besides the general swelling factor and can also become inflamed and possibly infected. Scar tissue is much of the same affect and if this is the case, much like grapplers ear, as the tissue begins to heal it'll also harden. Depending on the severity of the scar tissue and more than likely in all cases regarding bone fragmentation you may need to get a professional to cut that stuff out. It really depends.

As far as cuts, u can use special types of bandages and ointments that'll help isolate the cut from infection and allow the tissue to regenerate but if you need stitches than you need stitches. Yes the body can heal without them but it could lead to more problems down the road.

Array

School
    AREA 52 MMA
    Rest + IB Profin + Ice , A lot of times in santioned states, the athletic commission will serve suspensions. You should be good to go by the time the suspension is up

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    with strength

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by 10th Planet Riverside, Ca View Post
    Andy, All you have to do is type in MMA fighter faces after fights and click on the search thing.
    Got it dude?
    Got it dude!! lol

Rest of you thank you for the recommendations, I don't fight MMA and more than likely never will, wrestling/jiujitsu is as far as I go. It's just sometimes I see these grueling battles between 2 guys who do everything they friggin can to put on a show to win fans and no matter who wins or loses they both seem pretty beat up. Most people who watch the fight say oh that guy got really beat up but not many think about how long those guys have to suffer at home after the fight, laying in bed with painkillers and ice etc.. I certainly don't, thats why I wanted you guys to share. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12