Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I play a G&L Legacy. G&L makes amazing guitars.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Yeah Nelson, PRS is awesome... I haven't played on it this whole year tho... There will be a time for me to pick it up again and jam...

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Of course I'd have to chime in eventually. Nice stuff everyone BTW. The Ernie Ball/Musicman products are great, U.S. made instruments. Yet another company founded by the great Leo Fender (originally an amp company, became a guitar company and later purchased by Ernie Ball strings). The Axis by Music Man is the current production version of the "Wolfgang" guitar that Eddie co-designed with Music Man.
    As for guitars, well-the guitar is such a personal instrument, and everyone is different. If we're listing what we've owned previously or currently own, please don't hate on me for anything I may post :
    Previously owned: mid eighties Fender American Strat, late 70's Fender Strat, Jackson Randy Rhoads, a couple Gibson Flying V's, two Gibson Les Pauls, about a half dozen Ibanez guitars, 2 Kramer Barettas, 2 Kramer Pacers, 1 Ibanez Universe, Carvin 7 String, BC Rich Gunslinger, a couple of Randall and Carvin stacks, Marshall JCM 900 half stack. All that stuff was purchased at various times and pretty much traded out for something new or different. When I was younger (eons ago) I couldn't afford anything unless I pawned off or sold something I had.

Right now I have a decent collection: 73 Les Paul Custom, Gibson R8 Les Paul Standard VOS, 2008 Les Paul Custom, Heritage Les Paul, 83 Kramer Pacer, 86 Kramer Baretta, 75 Strat, 83 Hamer Special, Guild Acoustic, Seagull acoustic, Godin Nylon string, Godin electric-acoustic, Tom Anderson Classic, Tom Anderson Cobra S, Line 6 Variaxe, Spector Bass, Aria bass, Marshall JCM 800 half stack, Marshall TSL 100 head, Fender Twin, and a bunch of old stompboxes, wah's, and assorted toys. It's taken me years to get this stuff.
    I do all my own work on my guitars, and I only trust one guy in CT to do any work at all (difficult re-frets or something like that). I'd be happy to talk music or guitars with anyone who's interested. There's a lot out there to look at.
    Currently, Gibson/Epiphone is putting out some decent sub-1k instruments. The Epi's are using Gibson electronics and are really put together nicely for instruments made in China. PRS is doing well with their SE series, and ESP has always made quality instruments (they actually made all the parts for Kramer back in the 80's). Carvin has some good stuff for really good prices as well.
    There's an Epiphone Les Paul with a Floyd on it that goes for about $800 new at Guitar Center if anyone is looking for something like that. Gibson pickups, original Floyd, and really set up nicely.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Brandon-G&L do make excellent guitars! Yet ANOTHER company founded by Leo Fender. Guy was a genius. Him and Les Paul were the men behind it all. Then came Mr Marshall and it was all down hill from there!

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    Awsome responses guys...Matthias, my PRS was my favorite. Louis, wasn't Eddie rocking a musicman after the Kramer/Peavey days??? And Ryan... Zakk does really well with the Les Paul as does Slash, Tak, Joe and countless others... I'm thinking of getting a Les Paul knock off, gutting it, maybe putting a Floyd on it with PRS pickups lol (is that sacreligious???)
    Gibson already makes something kinda like that. I seen a Les Paul that came with EMG active pickups and original Floyd Rose tremlo. They also have an Explorer model with a Floyd, it's pretty cool. Maybe Epiphone makes a lower end model. If you ever get a chance, be sure to try Zakk Wylde's Custom Les Paul and John Petrucci's Custom Music Man. These two guitars couldn't be more opposite, however they are both on my wish list without a doubt.

Array

School
    Anu Academy
    Currently I'm flying solo with a '96 Gibson SG which is very special to me. My apartment was robbed my first year at college and the guy stole my Ipod and my most prized SG. I was crushed. I filed a police report and I think it was about 6 weeks later when I get a call to come down to the police station to write another statement. I gave VERY specific descriptions right down to particular scratches on the guitar itself. Low and behold the officer busted it out and I could have cried right there. The guy who stole it tried to pawn it and the police caught wind. As a bonus, I also got back my Ipod. To sum it up, if it comes back to you it's yours forever and don't mess with a man's guitar, it's like messing with his children and you WILL pay the price.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Does anybody here like to improvise? I was never really big on learning whole songs, with the chords and everything. I prefer to have some back up tracks and just improvise over the chords.

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    I like to improve and I've done the "bar band" covers stuff. Put in your reps! It's not all about solos!

Array

School
    Derby City MMA/ Ronin
    I'm an ESP man, myself. the 1000, to be exact. Its got a very SG look, but its lighter, which for someone who gets a little nuts on stage (like me) it helps with shoulder fatigue.

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Whats up everyone, home sick today playing on the forum. Wicked head cold........sucks.

I have a Ibenez Talman, and a Gibson Studio. Both lime green. Love them both. Kinda dig the Talman sound seem to find myself playing that more than the Gibson.

Trying to talk my dad into doing some funky paint work on it, he's awesome with stuff like that. I had him do a guitar for Eddie a couple years ago that was kickass I thought. It had the tattoo Sensei has on his right arm, hand painted up the back of the neck of the guitar. It was pretty wild. So I keep pounding on him to do something wild like that on my Talman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12