School
    Ralph Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Yeah but, will you really?
    Yes.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    In regards to the original reddit post...If your a guest at someone else's gym an you go on a public forum an talk shit your a douche. Period. I crosstrain alot...the whole point is to test my techniques against different styles and to study their style. Sometimes I have a lot of success and every once in a while I will come across a guy who rolls me. I take that back to the lab...analyse it an try to counter. I'm still analyzing my roll with Eddie on the cruise...lol. Be humble an learn man. It's a big chess game

Array

School
    Ralph Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    In regards to the original reddit post...If your a guest at someone else's gym an you go on a public forum an talk shit your a douche. Period. I crosstrain alot...the whole point is to test my techniques against different styles and to study their style. Sometimes I have a lot of success and every once in a while I will come across a guy who rolls me. I take that back to the lab...analyse it an try to counter. I'm still analyzing my roll with Eddie on the cruise...lol. Be humble an learn man. It's a big chess game
    Yeah, that's 100% fair. Wasn't really intending it to be "talking shit", more comparing two different teaching styles, but clearly that's not how it was taken, and frankly, not really how it was written either. And for that I apologize.

The dude is, and has humbled himself lay off...

Array

School
    Neil Simkin BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Agreed.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    For real, the guy made a mistake. Let's move on.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I wasn't talkin about him. I was talkin about the Eric dude that went into HQ. bobaman at least had the guts to come on here an admit he was wrong. So credit to him for having the guts to do that.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobaman View Post
    Yeah, that's 100% fair. Wasn't really intending it to be "talking shit", more comparing two different teaching styles, but clearly that's not how it was taken, and frankly, not really how it was written either. And for that I apologize.
    I know you're not apologizing to me...and I know it wasn't me who you arm barred so I'm not offended hahaha....but it's cool that you're willing to apologize.

I have a habit of talking too much on forums too and putting my foot in my mouth so don't feel too bad. Just put it in perspective. Coach puts a lot of hard work into training his guys. A lot of us are noobs. Some of us (points at self) aren't exactly athletic or coordinated. You can't judge the whole by a few. We have some killers and tourney winners including a purple who routinely taps browns and blacks in absolutes. It's unfair to him to publicly say certain things that pretty much ignores his BIGGER body of work.

Don't jump to conclusions. That's the lesson I'm taking away from this whole conversation. I think it's a valuable lesson. If I ever get a chance to roll with guys from other schools, and I do well, I'm not going to assume that the teacher doesn't teach basics. I'm going to assume that maybe they're newer to JJ. Or maybe I've just put in an extra lesson or two and I'm slightly ahead of the class. Who knows? I just know that I should never assume.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    I wasn't talkin about him. I was talkin about the Eric dude that went into HQ. bobaman at least had the guts to come on here an admit he was wrong. So credit to him for having the guts to do that.
    Ok, I know I just said I shouldn't assume....but I'm going to assume a few things about this guy. Considering the way he talks about 10th, he probably already has a bias toward it. Considering that the smaller guys were saying he's too big to roll with, he was probably being a douche and using his weight. I'm 240lbs. I have yet to have any of the smaller guys tell me I'm too big. Maybe I'd have more success if I did muscle everything, but then I'm not learning. But I digress. After a few pieces of evidence have surfaced (getting twistered by Eddie and his dad threatening to sue, acting like Joe is shady in rolling, saying Cade and Shigeki are assholes) I think it's fair to assume that dude was walking into HQ looking to prove something, not looking to learn. That, IMO, makes you a douche. I'll make sure to never be "that guy."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456