This

Kenny-Powers.jpg

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    You know what makes u better at bjj? Doing more bjj
    Very true!

BUT...to counter that....if you or when you match up with someone with equal grappling abilities. The stronger, faster guy will win at a higher percentage of those matches! Especially no-gi!

Yes, always improve your technique. First and foremost!

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    That shit is hilarious. WAR KP!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sioda View Post
    That shit is hilarious. WAR KP!
    There is a better one that i cant post form govt computers...

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe
    Our school in Santa Fe is both a 10th Planet and CrossFit school. It helps tremendously. My jits got so much better when I started doing CrossFit regularly. Our guys who train CrossFit never gas out in matches and are almost always stronger than their opponents. I'm a Level 1 Certified CrossFit instructor myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    How did I miss this thread. If anyone has any questions about Crossfit I would love to answer any questions to the best of my ability. I am a Crossfit CF-L1 trainer and will have a Crossfit Affiliate by the end of the month. One of my friends owns a huge Crossfit gym in PA, and I have many contacts that have been doing Crossfit for over 5 years. I personally have been training myself and my athletes for 2 years. Hit me up if anything comes up. I know there is another crossfit trainer that is on the forum as well.
    Dude, when I was looking through the locations page, I was stoked to see another 10th P/CrossFit place!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Very true!

BUT...to counter that....if you or when you match up with someone with equal grappling abilities. The stronger, faster guy will win at a higher percentage of those matches! Especially no-gi!

Yes, always improve your technique. First and foremost!
    This.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    It makes a huge difference in your cardio, stamina, explosiveness, strength, and muscular co-ordination. I do cross-fit under josh at 10p Chicago, and I even roll better on days I do it despite being more exhausted -- I will run out of energy a little sooner and have muscular fatigue sometimes depending what crossfits working, but there's no better warmup for me and overall i'll roll better on days I do it.

I've been taking weeks-ish off from Crossfit and only doing jitsu because of an ankle injury, and I can already feel the large difference in my body from not getting my s&c in. Before I was doing cross-fit at 10p chicago I was doing similar conditioning training on my own so I've got a so/so conditioning base but crossfits workouts in specific are shorter and more impactful than what I was doing.

I've had many people including several guests from other schools to the gym comment on how deceptively strong I am for my weight and perceived size (and in general im not trying to use strength as opposed to technique) which I can say is absolutely and entirely due to this kind of conditioning training. Im only in the 150's weight wise so overall im NOT that strong esp compared to some of the monsters at 10p chicago, but compared to anyone in my weight division who is not doing that kind of conditioning, the physical advantage it can offer is pretty clear.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan cybul View Post
    what zup josh! ok, so an you tellme the direct benefits of crossfit in jiujitsu? and is there any way to replace crossfit with other sports? like running, swimming biking etc? thank you!
    Crossfit is a strength and conditioning program that will help you gain strength, speed, mobility, etc. It is based on overall athletic performance vs body building. The main emphasis is on PCE(posterior chain engagement-most people dont) and core stability. The by products are weightless strength, muscle building, better endurance, and so on. The beliefs are being skillful across many different athletic modalities-rowing, running, gymnastics-body weight, mobility, olympic lifting, strength training. Now will it make your jiu jitsu game better NO, but your stamina, strength, etc will improve so the that will help your jiu jitsu experience.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan cybul View Post
    what zup josh! ok, so an you tellme the direct benefits of crossfit in jiujitsu? and is there any way to replace crossfit with other sports? like running, swimming biking etc? thank you!
    You could train all these aspect separately but who has the time for that unless you are a pro fighter with no job or someone that has the flexibility in there schedule to accommodate.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    You know what makes u better at bjj? Doing more bjj
    +20

Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla
    thanks men!. maybe just jj works for people that dont have and active competitive life. Ill keep you posted what did i arranged in this matter so u can tell me if is right or not!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast