Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Salem

Roger Gracie just signed up with the UFC.

Title is self evident. Will post more as it comes in! But if it is true! :] Oh shit, son!

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe
    He better start training the other aspects of the game. But I'm excited for sure.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Here's a thread we did a couple of days ago on Roger...going to Black House: http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...drop-to-185lbs

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Awesome. I hope he dominates
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin around with couple Guys
    holy shit of a loss in to the UFC one of the less times this has happend. i know bout mark hunt coming of a loss and joining the ufc but they had to give him his payday from pride anyways... and he wanted to fight! thats a warrior

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Roger Gracie has reportedly signed to compete as a light heavyweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

GracieMag reported the news Friday on Twitter, revealing that the former Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling World Championships gold medalist would join the UFC’s 205-pound ranks. No debut date for the Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace was mentioned, but the outlet stated that Gracie (Pictured) could find himself training with longtime middleweight champion Anderson Silva before he enters the Octagon for the first time.

Born in Brazil but now residing in England, Gracie is one of the world’s best grapplers. In 2005, the 30-year-old won both the heavyweight and absolute divisions at the ADCC submission grappling championships, submitting Shinya Aoki, Fabricio Werdum, Alexandre Ribeiro and Ronaldo Souza en route to the absolute title.

Gracie racked up a 4-0 record to begin his MMA career, submitting Ron Waterman with an armbar in his 2006 pro debut. The Brazilian then took out an undersized Yuki Kondo in 2008 before finishing former UFC heavyweight king Kevin Randleman in his 2010 Strikeforce debut. Another submission win -- this time over UFC veteran Trevor Prangley -- would come before Gracie tasted MMA defeat for the first time, falling by knockout to onetime Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed Lawal on Sept. 10.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Which is BS! I think Vinny Magalhaes deserves it more! Gracie just has more name recognition.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    He better start training the other aspects of the game. But I'm excited for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Which is BS! I think Vinny Magalhaes deserves it more! Gracie just has more name recognition.
    good points.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Roger Gracie has reportedly signed to compete as a light heavyweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

GracieMag reported the news Friday on Twitter, revealing that the former Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling World Championships gold medalist would join the UFC’s 205-pound ranks. No debut date for the Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace was mentioned, but the outlet stated that Gracie (Pictured) could find himself training with longtime middleweight champion Anderson Silva before he enters the Octagon for the first time.

Born in Brazil but now residing in England, Gracie is one of the world’s best grapplers. In 2005, the 30-year-old won both the heavyweight and absolute divisions at the ADCC submission grappling championships, submitting Shinya Aoki, Fabricio Werdum, Alexandre Ribeiro and Ronaldo Souza en route to the absolute title.

Gracie racked up a 4-0 record to begin his MMA career, submitting Ron Waterman with an armbar in his 2006 pro debut. The Brazilian then took out an undersized Yuki Kondo in 2008 before finishing former UFC heavyweight king Kevin Randleman in his 2010 Strikeforce debut. Another submission win -- this time over UFC veteran Trevor Prangley -- would come before Gracie tasted MMA defeat for the first time, falling by knockout to onetime Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed Lawal on Sept. 10.

Can you link where you found this? I am not doubting you, just would like to read more.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Gracie Mag seems to be the only ones with the story. Havent seen it on any of the other sites I go to
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast