Thread: Nagging knee

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman

Nagging knee

hey everyone got an injury question here. My right knee is not 100%, but I really can't place why. I have never had any single of fuck moment while training that would lead me to believe that I injured my knee. Lately however, my right knee aches usually in the back, and pops a lot. I stretch often, take joint supplement and do what I can to maintain its integrity and so far that has helped, by which I mean, it doesnt slow me down nor is it really painful, just nagging. Its not an everyday sort of thing just something that I notice more often that I would like to. The weird part is I havnt actually rolled in a few months because of school and work so I am really confused. I have a tournament at the end of the month (first one since feb) and I am wondering if I should be concerned. Can a knee just sort of poop out after a while even at the ripe old age of 24?

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    my knee makes similar pops and pains. I would recomend some stretching and ice. I also use tiger balm before workouts. If it persists, dont be silly, see a doc.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Could be a bunch of things. Your body might not like something your eating or drinking. Or eating meals that are too big messin with your circulation or blocking energy to your legs. Could be a lower back issue. A evil wizard could have put a curse on you. Just kiddin bout the wizard, but could be anything

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I'd recommend seeing the doctor for an expert opinion, and then go from there-better to err on the safe side as they say.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Even though you say you haven't trained in months, when you do, don't push it when in rubber guard (if you play rubber often). I get a similar pain when I try to be more flexible than I am.

Do you have flat feet or ankle problems? If something is not aligned, your knee may be compensating.