Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    Mendes Bros - Art of Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Hey Bryan...
    I started at 250 a month ago, but I'm at 237 now. I'm following a diet called "the warrior diet". It's not too hard to follow. It goes against conventional thinking of not eating before you go to sleep. You can only eat as much vegetables or fruits as you want during the day, but you can eat as big as a dinner as you want at night. I've been eating weetabix and soymilk for breakfast, dip veggies in hummus for lunch, and whatever my wife cooks at night. The whole idea behind it is to avoid the constant insulin spikes throughout the day, which allows you to stay sharp and focused during the day.

Brief intro to the Warrior diet:

"Along with the many benefits of leisure-class living comes obesity and its attendant ailments. In The Warrior Diet, Ori Hofmekler looks not forward but backward for a solution–to the primal habits of early cultures such as nomads and hunter-gatherers, the Greeks, and the Romans. Based on survival science, this book proposes not ordinary dietary changes but rather a radical yet surprisingly simple lifestyle overhaul.

Drawing on both scientific studies and historical data, Hofmekler argues that robust health and a lean, strong body can best be achieved by mimicking the classical warrior mode of cycling—working and eating sparingly (undereating) during the day and filling up at night. Specific elements from the Warrior Diet Nutritional Program (finding ideal fuel foods and food combinations to reduce body fat) to the Controlled Fatigue Training Program (promoting strength, speed, and resilience to fatigue through special drills), literally reshape body and mind."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345