Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria

Singapore Sling Submission

Hello my 10th Planet Family,

I know that some of the schools do Hangmen (10th Planet gi) or BJJ and I wanted to post a very cool submission from my friend Peit Wilhelm. Piet is a black belt under Renato Tavares of ATT.

The Singapore Sling is an attack from INSIDE someone's guard. There are a few attacks from inside the guard including: Can Opener, The Praying Mantis Wrist Lock and the Dustin West Choke (al la Keith Owen).

Enjoy and I hope it gets our brain's moving in that special way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxSJfpe3hwY

---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores/Mobile
    thanks for the video ill sure keep that on hand

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Woah! That is slick!

Ari can you post video of the 'Dustin West Choke' you mentioned? I'm curious about these inside-the-guard submissions but my YouTube searches are coming up empty on that one. Many thanks...

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    On this choke, if you use his preferred inside grip, what stops the guy from hipping out and taking your back? This seems like a cool sub, but pretty low percentage. Maybe use it to set up other passes or just to stop the flower sweep?

The Dustin West choke is absolutely sick, and the pass from it is awesome too. It was on a DVD set Keith Owen sold, one of the coolest moves on there. I don't hit it that much anymore (everyone knows it's there now), but it opens other stuff when they defend it. Plus, it's demoralizing on your opponent the first time

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    nice
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    The Dustin West Choke is a gi technique (just a heads up). Keith has a student name "Dustin West" who used this technique several times in competition and Keith just ran with it. I am sure it has other names but like many gi chokes, it didn't have a name (gotta love our 10th planet way of thinking).

I will post the move soon on Sub 101. We actually have a whole series of chokes from Keith Owen coming (which are in addition to his DVD Lights Out). Keith is super open to 10th Planet as well fyi.
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    Triton Fight Center
    Awesome! Piet is my professor, we actually drilled this same technique tonight in class. For those that don't know and think it's low percentage. Piet tapped Jose Carlos Mendes with it for the gold at IBJJF Houston Open.

It's a handy submission to have in the toolbox.

Snap! Success rate drop much going to nogi?
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I drilled this for around 45 min last night, and it was awesome.

Question on it: we were doing it no-gi, and when we upped the resistance a little bit I found that the best way to get my arm in was to pull up on their head can-opener style with my free hand. Once his shoulder popped up I was able to shoot my arm right in. Good or bad idea?