Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Planet Riverside, Ca View Post
    My cousin is just like you. He has those same anger problems and he's a big guy too
    6'3" 285 pounds. Ex Marine, boxer and tackle football player. Not good when he is mad.
    He gets help from the Veteran's hospital. Have gone there with him many times. They
    give him stuff to calm him down. Says if he didn't take the stuff he'd be killing people.
    He can't understand why more people that have that edge don't take stuff. Another
    friend of mine with the same problems lost his job and his wife and many of his friends
    for not taking anything.

Are they testing you for drugs?

You know now there really aren't any states where marijuana is technically legal because
    of the federal law against marijuana. It's an election year.

Why don't you try edibles? I don't like all that smoke all the time so I go for the edibles.
    All that smoke will cut down on your wind.
    do you know what kind of meds he is taking for that? Edibles would prob be my route.... i think... haha i dont know too much, but I dont like smoking...lingering smell, gear that you need...my lungs already suck from getting Malaria and Pneumonia from traveling to africa so much...

Array

School
    Impact and 10th Planet Portland
    I'd say do not try edibles, if anything is going to freak you out it would be those if you take even a little too much.

try what I call "bud light" which is any very high CBD low THC strain you can find. It's enough to get you high, ease anxiety and not make you trip balls if you have a bong rip. It's about all I smoke these days although i used to be a very heavy user.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    A few important points:

1) Cannabis is a broncholdilator, it improves your breathing/wind not making it worse. Its the carcinogens you have to watch out for. Vaporizing is the best way to go in my opinion.

2)If you have PTSD I do not recommend edibles, until you've at least experimented with smoking and vaping. When smoking or vapoing mao inhibitors prevent psychodelic effects. However when ingested cannabis will have a diffrent effect, one it is extremely more powerful, highs can last as long as 6 hours (1-2 hours when smoked) and can have a psychodelic/hallucinogenic effect. Not something I'd recomend for someone with PTSD and anger issues.

3) Indica is the way to go, Sativa's can cause a panic attack effect on those that aren't used to it.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 02-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    I think it can improve one's temper dramatically IMO. My wife and I wouldnt have lasted as long as we have if I didnt medicate And I'd definitely be incarcerated for battery on dumbass drivers.

Array

School
    shadowhouse jj 10th planet ronin
    I couldn't agree more Joe +1!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Just make sure when you try it to be in a comfortable setting with people you trust. It'll make it less likely that you freak out and if you do those people will be able to calm you
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    As much as I'd love for you to become one with the herb, I think you should consider waiting. The chance of losing your pension makes it a big risk to take, although it would benefit you a LOT. Get strain advice from Brandon Woolsey, I'm sure he knows exactly what you'll like

I have a hard time with my temper sometimes... but when I do have anger issues...the are fucking BAD.
    Like when they barred Clark? That wasn't bad, that was awesome. Anyway, I read recently that Florida is considering becoming a medical marijuana state soon. I guess you could wait? Or move to Cali...
    Last edited by Jay Chow; 02-28-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    One thing to consider is about pot and other drugs, is it commonly puts people in a very introverted state, where your more 'in your head' and thinking about things deeper, more considerately, and willing to think further into things than you are otherwise.

This does help alot of people accept and manage psychological issues, especially by allowing them to think in perspectives they hadn't before, aiding them in coming to resolutions and gaining closure on issues, or managing their understanding of them in a less one sided manner than life commonly leaves us seeing things. And generally, it does have quite the reputation for calming people down

That being said, as Chris Herzog and Chris Odell mentioned:

Strong doses can cause panic attacks in people not used to the experience, for this reason you should avoid edibles because of their potency and if you smoke, just take one hit or so and leave it at that, keep the dose low and controlled for optimal benefit. As herzog suggested, indica strains generally make you more calm tired and relaxed and sativas present more of an active high in comparison, so if you can get an indica, but if your not in a state like cali it can be difficult to procure either in specific rather than just 'some pot'.

Its also strongly suggested to be in the company of some good friends who you can trust and care about you, and in a setting you are comfortable and framilier with, so that you feel comfortable in your environment.

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Chow View Post
    As much as I'd love for you to become one with the herb, I think you should consider waiting. The chance of losing your pension makes it a big risk to take, although it would benefit you a LOT. Get strain advice from Brandon Woolsey, I'm sure he knows exactly what you'll like

Like when they barred Clark? That wasn't bad, that was awesome. Anyway, I read recently that Florida is considering becoming a medical marijuana state soon. I guess you could wait? Or move to Cali...
    -I learned a lot from my convo with Brandon via IM. Learned a lot about the rules, and about how I won't lose my pension. I'll def be asking those same questions of my therapist before I start though. Just to be sure.

-Ok, good to know about edibles and vaporizers. For someone who has never smoked, I swear, I still shoulda known both of those points.

-Yes, like when they barred Clark, dude. That was a small example, but I honestly felt HORRIBLE about that as I thought about it later on. We were having a great time, and it seemed like the downfall point as I thought back on it later. ...Then I was just the typical American asshole (something I loathe).
    That may have been a small example of my anger, but it was still something stupid that shouldn't have happened.
    I'm still embarrassed to this day about that incident...I should be better than that.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Talk to educated friends who don't just say "Go for it!" Go to areas with experts (pot clubs, certain head shops, etc) and ask them about your specific case. Call a pot doctor, or a group like OCBC in Oakland for advice. Remember that there is a ton of myth, and many people are vehemently certain about things they think are true, but are not. Take everything with a grain of salt ... or a pound of it.

Also, if you want specific information as it relates to you specifically, PM me, and I'd be glad to discuss it on the phone in depth. It's good that you are getting educated FIRST, and high SECOND.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast