Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrantham View Post
    i wouldnt stay in any hotels in the hq area its not the best place to be. id get a hotel in one of the many beach cities, you can chill at the beach in the day and jump on the freeway to legends at night.
    Eh, it's not that bad. It used be worse before the Kodak center went in. I used to live on Wilcox where the 18th St. gang used to deal drugs. When you get propositioned for crack just politely say, "Not tonight, thanks though I appreciate the offer." Surprisingly you'll usually get a "No problem, have a nice evening."

Drug dealing is still a customer service industry.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    im there at the end of Oct for 2 weeks, staying in Santa Monica its prety nice there!

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    i got accomm on santa monica boulevard. 30 min bus ride from end to legends end but worth it.
    I guess if you wanna train with eddie as much as you can follow his tweets to make sure he's gonna be there the weeks you plan on going.

I've been twice. It's been great both time. Haven't been to the new HQs. Sad to hear it is in crack central. That last location was easy to get to and there were good places near by. I wouldn't like to have to take a bus 30mins @ 10:30 at night after training 2 hours....

Anthony C, I'm also from the Boston area. Come to the Roy Dean seminar tomorrow in Middletown CT. (no it's not my school)

stay on my couch, i just require three foot massages a day and a colonic every other day

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    The bus ride at night is fine but yeah I wouldn't recommend any place around the gym lol But if you're only going for a couple of days you should be able to survive the hostel wild life lol

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy
    A little much has been made of the neighborhood HQ is in - it's pretty much fine. I couldn't call it crack central by any means compared to serious trouble. Yes, I wouldn't really linger around all night in the side streets, but it's on santa monica blvd, and we've got a bunch of guys who train and live at the gym so how dangerous can it really be?

All of us at HQ welcome all visitors (especially affiliate teammates) and look forward to exchanging new ideas and techniques - and seeing how our games match up is always fun. Almost every night there are new faces and you will see that it's a really chill atmosphere, with open mindedness; we have no egos, and we train hard - and all of that comes from the top down, from Eddie, which makes our school pretty unique in my opinion.

Array

School
    Who instructs when eddy's not there?

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Seriously thinking about going next summer. I have family in Long Beach so it wouldn't be terribly far to travel. Either stay there, or time to get my colonic skills on par with Brent's needs.

Any place to find pricing for drop ins (would probably be less than a month).

Array

School
    across from legends is a little mexican place. Best Nachos EVER. EVER. thanks to the chick at the front desk at legends for pointing that out to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast