Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Well I guess Aldo has to face somebody...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/25...c-149-mma-news

Report: Erik Koch Expected To Face Jose Aldo At UFC 147 Or UFC 149
    Erik-Koch_large.jpg

There has been a bunch of confusion over what is actually going to happen at UFC 147 since Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen was moved off the card. Dana White said at the Brazil press conference that Jose Aldo would "probably" be moved onto the card to defend his UFC featherweight title, as opposed to UFC 149 where he was originally scheduled. But who would he fight? Hatsu Hioki was just booked against Ricardo Lamas. Dustin Poirier vs. Chan Sung Jung is only five weeks before UFC 147 (which is tentatively scheduled for June 23rd in Belo Horizonte, Brazil), so who's left? MMA Weekly has your answer:

Erik Koch looks like the "to be named opponent" for Aldo's next title defense, whenever the UFC decides on a date for the featherweight champion to get back in action.

Sources close to the two fighters confirmed that Koch is the likely candidate to get the shot at Aldo, although bout agreements have not been issued for the 145-pound title fight showdown.

23-year-old Koch (13-1) is currently on a four-fight winning streak. He last stepped into the cage at UFC Fight Night 25 last September, where he defeated Jonathan Brookins by decision. He was scheduled to face Dustin Poirier at UFC 143, but was forced off the card due to injury. Apparently he's healed up now, and will skip the line and get a shot at the champ. We just need to find out when.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I cant honestly say Ive paid any attention to Koch. 4 Wins in a row is good but could he really dethrone a great like Aldo? Sounds like a filler defense to me until they figure out a true contender
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Sounds like a filler defense to me until they figure out a true contender

Pretty much that, but we've all seen upsets before.
    If this guy beats Aldo, it might turn into another GSP v Matt Serra thing.

This guy is expected to lose though, he hasn't fought anyone in top 10, and his last loss was to a guy that Aldo put away in the first round, Chad Mendes.

I like Aldo too much to want to see an upset, but it would be nice to see some interesting things happen in the fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Koch's striking is impressive. Try to find his fight against Raphael Assuncao. The hook he knocks him out with is beautiful. It's hard to give him much of chance against Aldo though. I think Hatsu Hioki would have been a more interesting fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Their fighting styles are similar but unfortunately Aldo has the sharper sword of the two in all areas. Koch will bring his "A" game and Aldo will probably work him over. If this fight is in Brazil I see very crowd pleasing win for Aldo.