Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    That's profiling bro. I understand where you're coming from. And who knows, maybe that kid WAS the one who was doing the break ins. Truth is, the kid was trouble and a wannabe thug type kid...just like a ton of most of us growing up. But dude with the gun got his balls from his gun. He started the problem and a kid is dead for it. At the very least he should get charged with manslaughter. That death was avoidable.

Agreed, totally avoidable he should have stayed in his car & none of this would have happened. But he had big balls with his gun. Im not sayin what he did was right in any way, he is prolly not the sharpest tool in the shed lol. There was no need for him to confront martin but he did and from that point it was a fight for life prolly for both individuals. Im sorry to say but I do profile be it the way I grew up or my extreme paranoia from PTSD. If it looks like a duck & walks like a duck its a duck to me.

It is not against the law to disobey a 911 operator. Nor is it against the law to follow or confront someone in a non violent manner. If you wanna argue about the legal aspects then talk about use of excessive force. The other points are moot

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    It is not against the law to disobey a 911 operator. Nor is it against the law to follow or confront someone in a non violent manner. If you wanna argue about the legal aspects then talk about use of excessive force. The other points are moot
    yup

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Man, I grew up in a lot of different environments. In every environment there is a way people dress and act. So you tend to associate that appearance with the behavior you witnessed. But in every environment not everyone who dresses a certain way, IS a certain way. That's logic. But I'm human too bro. I profile people too. It's hard not to. The way I get around that is just to trust my instincts. I try to sense people's vibes (check their non verbal cues) because appearances can be deceiving. So yeah, don't hate yourself for being normal, just don't let that profiling lead you to a situation like Zimmerman's. Even on a small scale, don't let that profiling influence how you treat people. Whether they're wearing hoodies and tims or a business suit, treat everyone how you'd want to be treated. And if they give a bad vibe, avoid em. You know?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    It's a shame that this kid is dead. But it's also a shame that Zimmerman is being prosecuted for murder.

Array

School
    That's why I'm saying; Not murder...but it should be considered manslaughter. That death could've been avoided. Sure Zimmerman may have acted in self defense once the situation escalated, but he initiated the conflict. Bottom line, the kid didn't have to die. And unfortunately, racial profiling was the catalyst. But he's gonna walk anyway. I just hope there aren't any riots. There are racially irrational people on both sides of the fence. I wish people were more objective about it all.

Truth is, Trayvon WAS a troubled kid. Those on Trayvon's side of pure innocence need to acknowledge that. But Zimmerman started the conflict that resulted in an unnecessary death. People on Zimmerman's side need to acknowledge that. Both sides were wrong. But someone died over it.

Array

School
    Gracie University

I personally think if you can't subdue someone without shooting them dead, then you probably shouldn't be following them through a neighborhood in the first place like you're billy bad ass.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell C View Post
    I personally think if you can't subdue someone without shooting them dead, then you probably shouldn't be following them through a neighborhood in the first place like you're billy bad ass.
    According to this article Martin was mounted on him and throwing punches "MMA style" when Zimmerman shot him.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-witnes...ry?id=16371852

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    According to this article Martin was mounted on him and throwing punches "MMA style" when Zimmerman shot him.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-witnes...ry?id=16371852
    Exactly his point. If you can't subdue someone without a gun, you shouldn't go following them around. With his ridiculous 911 call records (like calling the cops because kids were playing outside), we can deduce that the guy just loved to look for trouble. This time he found it and a kid is dead because of it.

Neither one of them is a saint. But only one of them pulled a trigger irresponsibly. Zimmerman needs to be punished.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Bottom line...no one has all the facts and the full story, so all we can do is examine what we do know. Unfortunately, this whole case and verdict was already made by the public before it all come to light. Both S & V made mistakes that night. Like Brent said, it's not against the law to disobey a 911 operator because it's not a "Lawful" order; merely a recommendation based on best practices. Now you have to look at self defense in a different light in this situation...a concealed weapon was involved. If you are in a physical confrontation and you have a concealed weapon on you, that weapon has the ability to be taken from you and used against you. This turns ANY physical confrontation into a lethal situation. Each states laws will determine the extent of how this will be viewed in court. From a law enforcement perspective (which is why you should never touch a LEO), being armed and having a weapon exposed makes any physical confrontation a lethal force authorized event. It's up to the officer at that point to make a judgement call as to how to handle the situation...did they truly feel their lives were in immediate danger. But like I said, everyone made mistakes that night, did he have to die...is it murder or manslaughter? Don't know...I don't know all the facts. Just understand that circumstances will change the way we behave and it's all about how you can articulate what happened. All I know is that me, by myself, will react completely differently than me with my family around...circumstances changed the way I will behave and react.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast