Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    None

Silva using the Lockdown on Chael! =P

I thought, for knowing a lack of moves from lockdown half, that Silva did the lockdown justice. Did what it was supposed to do. Keep Chael in a controlled state to where he couldn't do too much. It made me smile! What are YOUR thoughts of Anderson utilizing the lockdown? Also, I'm curious as to why Joe didn't call it out... I mean I know he knows what the lockdown is lmao. Any reason why he didn't share his knowledge of the oh so great life saver known as "The Lockdown."? Let me know!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    i thought andersons jitz sucked in that fight

he couldnt get chael off of him, he used the lockdown to try to stop chael and he even got mounted and couldnt get out

i still think it was fixed

i am still crying over my wasted 45 dollars

Array

School
    None
    Yeah it wasn't superb by any means but the lockdown did its job. The applicator just didn't use it to it's fullest potential. Still a good proving ground, like if a weak half assed lockdown stalled chael for that long, just imagine if someone who is good at it used it...I'm hoping it gets better noticed now that a big name like Silva put it out there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Anderson is also a Judo black belt and that's where the Lockdown takes it roots, it's a really common controlling position designed to stall mat work progression and cause the Judoka to be stood to try score with throwing techniques. Not sure if he learned it from that, his Jitsu coach or watching Eddies videos and personally I think it was a weak ass Lockdown, his under hooks was what kept Chael from pounding his head into paste and he did weird transitions to traditional half guard and did nothing to improve his position, totally tried stalling him. Unfortunately Ron it was more like $60.00. Oh well after round 1 I thought it was gonna be the first fight all over, was I wrong...

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Notice when Chael pulled his foot to Andersons ass to nullify it by keeping his knee up during a psuedo twister smash pass? Good tech.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Unfortunately Ron it was more like $60.00.
    i watched it online so it was 45 for me, i couldn't image paying 60 for that fight...

they need to make some changes to make the fights more real and exciting, it seams like the fights are getting worse (more worked) refs always stepping in, guys fighting not to loose instead of to win (if you know what i mean)...

maybe make no ref stoppage and no decisions, you just keep fighting until there is a knock out or submission and looser gets no purse

i dont know the answer, but something needs to change or we will soon have more wwf

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    at one point looked like silva was going for the fat whip. he did good on bottom. he took minimal damage

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    The foot positioning of Anderson's lockdown was good and he was stretching Chael's leg perfectly, but that's far from making the lockdown really useful. A Whip Down to a Five-O sweep would have been slick!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Almeida View Post
    i watched it online so it was 45 for me, i couldn't image paying 60 for that fight...

they need to make some changes to make the fights more real and exciting, it seams like the fights are getting worse (more worked) refs always stepping in, guys fighting not to loose instead of to win (if you know what i mean)...

maybe make no ref stoppage and no decisions, you just keep fighting until there is a knock out or submission and looser gets no purse

i dont know the answer, but something needs to change or we will soon have more wwf
    I was thinking the same thing. I think they should have non-title fights 20 minutes, title fights 30 minutes both having no rounds. The ref can step in to stop the fight but be sure that the fighter is finished, for example let the anderson, chael fight go on longer. I also think they need to make a change in the rules, because people keep complaining how a fighter "cheated".

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    What the hell is a whip down?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast