Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Takedowns Judo VS Wrestling

Just curious which style you prefer when getting the fight/match from the feet to the ground. I know that different circumstances call for different things.. But I feel like we all have one we're more comfortable with. I personally only used wrestling b/c i never knew anything else. But now that Ive been doing Judo for a bit I feel like it might work a bit better for me given my frame/size and mindset (least aggressive person in the world) Anywho.. which do you guys prefer and why do you feel drawn to that one?

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    I personally like judo. I'm heavy so trips work well with weight. Changing levels is harder for me.

What is Judo without a gi

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Still Judo. You can still do trips and hip tosses. It's harder without Gi grips for sure but still very doable.

Array

School
    Dragon Academy/ 10th Planet Ronin
    Chicago, IL (USA) & San Pablo, Laguna (PH)
    Personally i like wrestling, mainly for the conditioning drills i've done since high school. Seemed to be suited for my abilities but i am open mind to judo, trained in it for 3 years

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I love wrestling, probably because I lived and breathed it through high school and college. But.. I have to admit I have trouble against Judo players. They are so good at weight management in tie ups, clinches.. etc.
    It makes it harder to set up my double leg/single leg combo's when the other guy has enough knowledge to keep you up at face level.

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    both. some of the no gi whizzer grips in judo are wicked. and you can set up a double or single after one

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester roots/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    both. some of the no gi whizzer grips in judo are wicked. and you can set up a double or single after one
    I agree. especially for me who has no wrestling background whatsoever. Coach Chris and Yockel do a excellent job incorporating Judo and wrestling into MMA. Transitioning from standing to the ground and moving fluently from technique to technique works well when u have a pretty good understanding of both grappling arts.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    What is Judo without a gi
    Judo
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    One of my students is a purple belt(testing for Brown next week) and comes in and teaches some no gi adapted throws that don't rely on the gi. Some are very similar to greco throws that I know so its all good. More weapons for the arsenal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast