Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Denny

Array

School
    Infinite JJ

Thanks Denny

So a couple of weeks ago I had the privelage of having a private with Denny.
    My flexibility sucks so most of my 10P game revolves around the lockdown, pyramid etc so we spent alot of time really developing these areas. What I was so impressed with was he made me show him what I know and asked about my challenges then he conformed the training to me and my game and defecencies, then what was awesome is we drilled the shit out of it! Every other private I have had has been showing me the move and then trying it a few times but never drilling it like we did. The drilling was so awesome that when I went back to class I was able to pull off all the things he taught me. I went against a blue belt that usually smashes my half guard and because of Denny's drilling I got to stomp to butterfly to cocoon to pyramid and then and arm bar which seemed so easy where before I would either bail out or F it up real bad in the process.
    After our private we rolled for a while and I was so amazed at how easily Denny rolls from transition to transition and how little effort he puts forth to get there and I think I outweigh him by 20 lbs or so.
    If anyone evey has the opportunity to have a private with Denny or just attend his school or a seminar I would not pass it up for anything!

Thanks again Denny and btw I got a damn $62 parking ticket but worth it!!

Sounds awesome man, I am hoping to be able to make it up to the Omaha seminar.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I really liked Denny's teaching style in the All Stars DVD. Thorough and detailed. I imagine some one-on-one instruction would be totally kick-ass.

It's all the little reminders, over and over, that help me remember things, ie: "curl the toes"

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrchapman View Post
    So a couple of weeks ago I had the privelage of having a private with Denny.
    My flexibility sucks so most of my 10P game revolves around the lockdown, pyramid etc so we spent alot of time really developing these areas. What I was so impressed with was he made me show him what I know and asked about my challenges then he conformed the training to me and my game and defecencies, then what was awesome is we drilled the shit out of it! Every other private I have had has been showing me the move and then trying it a few times but never drilling it like we did. The drilling was so awesome that when I went back to class I was able to pull off all the things he taught me. I went against a blue belt that usually smashes my half guard and because of Denny's drilling I got to stomp to butterfly to cocoon to pyramid and then and arm bar which seemed so easy where before I would either bail out or F it up real bad in the process.
    After our private we rolled for a while and I was so amazed at how easily Denny rolls from transition to transition and how little effort he puts forth to get there and I think I outweigh him by 20 lbs or so.
    If anyone evey has the opportunity to have a private with Denny or just attend his school or a seminar I would not pass it up for anything!

Thanks again Denny and btw I got a damn $62 parking ticket but worth it!!
    Mine and yours experience there is virtually indentical. Even down the parking ticket lol

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Mine and yours experience there is virtually indentical. Even down the parking ticket lol
    I was wondering if I was having deja vu dude! That's hilarious.

Denny is a monster and one of the best teachers in th 10pjj systems. I have been rolling for a loooooooonnnnnnngggggg time and every time I roll/train with denny not only does he school me but he teaches me a lot...

funny story about denny. One time we rolled and he was getting ready for competition. he went hard on me for 8 minutes straight and tapped me out a bunch of times. Pretty much crushed me. After the roll we shake hands and he says "Hey man sorry about that." I just started laughing and said "Denny your a ranked blackbelt no need to apologize it was my pleasure."

Array

School
    Impact and 10th Planet Portland
    yeah Denny and his students are some bad asses for sure. Denny does a great job as does Travis his assist. the whole gym learns so fast, guys that were white belts at the same level as me 4 years ago are now crushing as purples and browns and well i'm still pathetic, and not training there, it's one very good reason for being in SF.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    thats awesome

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Denny=beast
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Such an awesome teacher and competitor. His privates bring new meaning to the word, as they are really tailored to you. He did the exact same thing with me, and it allowed me to insert it into my game immediately. If you have the time, and are in SF, DO IT. Just an awesome room of guys, with a Denny quarterbacking it all made for a great training experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast