Array

School
    Sergio Penha

Sim Go from Cobra Kai JJ on Open Mat Radio

On this weeks episode of Open Mat Radio, “Cobra Kai Never Dies,” we have Simpson Go on the show. Click HERE to listen...

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Sim is a bad mofo!

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Yep, awesome grappler. Awesome instructor!

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Sim is a bad mofo!
    He most definitely is! For years he fought 10-20lbs under weight because they didn't have light enough weight classes for him.

Array

School
    Roberto Traven
    I got the chance to train with Sim when I was in Vega, great guy! Even got a few rolls in with him, he destroyed me but was always very humble about it and showed me how to fix my mistakes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Great episode. Just out of curiosity why do you seperate the interviews into two parts?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Great episode. Just out of curiosity why do you seperate the interviews into two parts?
    First off we always welcome and encourage questions/suggestions. If there are things we can do better we always want to know.

Not that long ago we had a listener survey that covered a wide range of things for our site. One of the questions was related to the length of the podcast. The majority of people wanted shows under an hour. While we do have some shows over an hour we try to mix up the lengths. Some people don't have that much time to sit down for a lengthy show. So when our interviews start to go long we split them into two chapters.

Another reason is that when we have two chapters we can have better discussions on the forums. Better in the sense that we can talk about more topics, more in depth. We did this with a few different interviews. Eddie & Denny, BJ Penn, Xande, Jordon Shultz, Lovato and Hall were all two parts.

Last, and this is rare, it comes down to logistics. We rarely ever take a week off. If we do it's probably because we're covering a tournament. So to research, schedule, conduct and edit (add music) our shows it takes a lot of time. Rather than leave you without a show we may split a long episode into two parts. We also have lots of contests, the Expert's Corner videos, Classic Fights, Grappler's Closet (style section) and more on the site.

We'll put out another survey soon. If the listeners want longer shows we will try to make that happen. Out of curiosity what do you think about the length of shows?

If you have any suggestions please let me know. Paul@openmatradio.com

ps I tried posting from my phone earlier and lost the post.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenMatRadio View Post
    First off we always welcome and encourage questions/suggestions. If there are things we can do better we always want to know.

Not that long ago we had a listener survey that covered a wide range of things for our site. One of the questions was related to the length of the podcast. The majority of people wanted shows under an hour. While we do have some shows over an hour we try to mix up the lengths. Some people don't have that much time to sit down for a lengthy show. So when our interviews start to go long we split them into two chapters.

Another reason is that when we have two chapters we can have better discussions on the forums. Better in the sense that we can talk about more topics, more in depth. We did this with a few different interviews. Eddie & Denny, BJ Penn, Xande, Jordon Shultz, Lovato and Hall were all two parts.

Last, and this is rare, it comes down to logistics. We rarely ever take a week off. If we do it's probably because we're covering a tournament. So to research, schedule, conduct and edit (add music) our shows it takes a lot of time. Rather than leave you without a show we may split a long episode into two parts. We also have lots of contests, the Expert's Corner videos, Classic Fights, Grappler's Closet (style section) and more on the site.

We'll put out another survey soon. If the listeners want longer shows we will try to make that happen. Out of curiosity what do you think about the length of shows?

If you have any suggestions please let me know. Paul@openmatradio.com

ps I tried posting from my phone earlier and lost the post.
    I really appreciate the in depth answer. I was mainly asking because I got to the end of this interview with Sim and I was def wanting to hear more. I really like the wide variety of jiu jitsu guys you have on there. Keep it up!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Glad you like the show! Like I said we try to vary the lengths of the shows. So maybe next time we'll put out a long one. Thanks for the support!

Array

School
    Sergio Penha