Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10PJJ Ronin/ Victory MMA

10p competition teams?

I just finished watching the Lloyd Irvin video about his medal chasers and it got me wondering do any 10p heads have competition only teams in their gym? If so how did it come about and how are they doing? If not, why not?

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    I thought of making a competition team at my gym, I would use part of the memberships of the best people to help pay for there tournament fees but I don't have enough guys to make it happen yet.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I don't even know if Chicago North could do that, because I think almost everyone in our Gym has competed at least once. Maybe one day. Or maybe there could be like a "Overall" 10th Planet competition team. That could be dope. But then that'd take the family aspect away from the whole system, and I think and would put too much emphasis on a try-out kinda thing. I'd still try out though

Array

School
    10PJJ Ronin/ Victory MMA
    Not sure how Lloyd Irvin pulled it off but I am very interested. I would also be very interested to see his business model because he appears to very successful in everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles II View Post
    Not sure how Lloyd Irvin pulled it off but I am very interested. I would also be very interested to see his business model because he appears to very successful in everything he does.
    He pulls it off for one reason because he is rich as fuck from other business ventures. He can afford to buy houses and have his guys stay there. Gotta follow the rules though. Felt bad for that one dude a bit though

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    He pulls it off for one reason because he is rich as fuck from other business ventures. He can afford to buy houses and have his guys stay there. Gotta follow the rules though. Felt bad for that one dude a bit though
    You're late for practice you pay the price. Obviously he paid the price by losing his bed, but coming from a hockey background if you were late to the bus they left you, if you were late to workouts you had to do double and then it was no guarantee you would play that weekend. Late to practice, you may as well just pack your shit and go home, its a cut throat world, but thats the way it has to be done when everything is literally taken care of for you. Think about it this way, the only thing they HAVE to do is WAKE UP, and TRAIN.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    You're late for practice you pay the price. Obviously he paid the price by losing his bed, but coming from a hockey background if you were late to the bus they left you, if you were late to workouts you had to do double and then it was no guarantee you would play that weekend. Late to practice, you may as well just pack your shit and go home, its a cut throat world, but thats the way it has to be done when everything is literally taken care of for you. Think about it this way, the only thing they HAVE to do is WAKE UP, and TRAIN.
    Chuuch.

Array

School
    10PJJ Ronin/ Victory MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post

He must do a great job leveraging his businesses to be able to pull this off man. Time to do some studying. And the dude that lost his bed knew the consequences and still fukd up,no sympathy from me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I would like to spend a month training with that team.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10PJJ Ronin/ Victory MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    I would like to spend a month training with that team.
    Same here, don't see any weak links in that chain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast