Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

How well known is the Japanese necktie?

I ask this because while watching UFC on fox 5 Browne had the vice on swick and could have easily dove for the necktie. Instead he battled with the darce. I know if he chooses the darce and loses it normally you're still on top while the necktie probably not. Has the necktie been done in high level mma?

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    The last 3 tournaments ive been to ive had to demonstrate to blackbelts before hand to make sure i could do it... But thats winnipeg.

I dont think traditional gi guys would know it or go for it often.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Even if you know it, You need serious reps to go for it all sweaty in an MMA match and I don't think any have put in the time it takes yet!!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    It's not very popular in most bjj schools, out of all of UFC fighters I've asked about the jap neck tie, most had no idea what it was
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Thank you.
    I was screaming Japanese necktie,Japanese necktie!! I thought he was going to dive over that shoulder but nope.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    It's not very popular in most bjj schools, out of all of UFC fighters I've asked about the jap neck tie, most had no idea what it was
    Tyler and I have taught it to a few different black belts down here in SoFlo. I have been so very surprised at the lack of knowledge with the JNT. I found a video of it online the first couple of months I started Jiu Jitsu and fell in love with it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    It's a shame that so many fighters are not aware of it

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Tyler and I have taught it to a few different black belts down here in SoFlo. I have been so very surprised at the lack of knowledge with the JNT. I found a video of it online the first couple of months I started Jiu Jitsu and fell in love with it.
    I never really knew what was the best defense for avoiding it until I visited you guys. No one at your hotbox was letting me sneak that one on them

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    I never really knew what was the best defense for avoiding it until I visited you guys. No one at your hotbox was letting me sneak that one on them

what is the defense? im assuming its not letting them get the vice. once the vice is put on and they dive over, its game over.. atleast with triangles u can posture up and try to blast out or arm bars you can stack

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    This makes sense. I keep seeing guys go for darces in MMA but not a lot of guys looking for the JNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    what is the defense? im assuming its not letting them get the vice. once the vice is put on and they dive over, its game over.. atleast with triangles u can posture up and try to blast out or arm bars you can stack
    Don't let them tie up your leg. Keep your arm high up onto their shoulder. Ben has gotten me in enough vice grips that I had to figure that out quick. Hahaha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast