Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Mir armbar/gogoplata

Hey guys, just want your oppinion on this move. Cora and I called it the Crazy legs. We been working on it and when she does it to me, it looks like it will work. The reason why we play around with this is because she always get smashed by her friend at the gym who is about 40 lbs heavier than her. He would always power his way to side control her and apply his favor move, the Americana. When he side control her, he always go for the cross face first as this is the way he was taught. With the crazy legs, while in side control cross faced, she brings her arm in a prayer position, then she would UPA to create space between him and her, and at the same time swing her leg in a gogoplata position underneath his chin. And then she would pin his arm underneath her arm pit. With the leg under his chin, she push on it to create enough space for her other leg to swing underneath his belly to the other side as she pivot her body so he is now in her guard. Now if he tries to pull out, she got a Mir armbar. IF he tries to stack her or put pressure on her, she swing the other leg over his neck and grab the ankle for a gogoplata. So what yall think? And take it easy on me please, I never confess to being a JJ expert. Just trying to have fun with my baby.

Array

School
    Oh and if there is such a move out there, I swear to you that I did not copy it. We work this out while playing in the garage a couple of days ago.

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    video?

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    yeah a video would be great dude if you could get one for us

Array

School
    10WO
    Yeah, video would be awesome, I'm not quite sure I'm picturing it in my head.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Definitely requiring video.
    It sounds like something I tried live rolling with my instructor, and what he said was "Yes it was uncomfortable, but not a submission."

But I would have to see it.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    It sounds like its an armbar from side control bottom, but instead of going for it she goes for the mir armlock from z guard but the "gogo plata leg position" confuses me.

Is her thigh on the chin or is it her shin with her knee pointing away from her head?

Array

School
    Hey guys, here is a quick vid of the move. Please excuse the background mess, we had just came back from the gym and no time to clean up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZnnKXo0dwI

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Hey guys, here is a quick vid of the move. Please excuse the background mess, we had just came back from the gym and no time to clean up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZnnKXo0dwI
    Looks good to me. the last submission may be escaped fairly easily by turning your captured arm's hand towards your feet, quickly turning to N/S(regular omoplata position) and cartwheeling out. Then Cora would have a regular omoplata to deal with- sweep or sub.
    Armbar from side control variations are good options to go for. It's great to see you are experimenting and seeing what works. Remember, what works for you may not work for someone else, because of the body type, but like an engineer or artist, keep testing the waters.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Array

School
    THanks Rick, yeah we were just experimenting with some stuff just to keep it fun and fresh for Cora. As of late, she's been coming up with her own variations of things that I myself did not teach her and I know for sure they didn't teach those moves in class as I sit and watch all the classes. For example, like this move here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoRJ-HtBKm0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast