Thread: TV Shows

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    American Horror Story
    Metalocalypse
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    I watched the first episode of American Horror Story and all I could say is WTF

Quote Originally Posted by paulmma101 View Post
    Yo, my girl got me The Sopranos boxset for christmas and I'm about halfway through the last season and am gutted that it's coming to an end. I'm a big Game Of Thrones head so I'll be watching the new series when that comes out but just wanted to hear you guys thoughts on what I should go for next?

I watched season 1 of walking dead and liked it and have the 2nd season to watch already. Also tried 24 before, enjoyed the 1st season but lost it in the 2nd season.

I usually like to put on an episode or two of something when I get into bed to wind down and anything similar to this would be cool. Doesn't have to be new either.

Thanks guys.
    Sons of Anarchy & Breaking Bad.

Btw, you're going to hate the very last episode of The Sopranos, just warning you now!

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    You illterate sob's need to read a book.

A Song of Ice and Fire. Escapism at it's finest. When I watched Game of Thrones, I thought it was so well done that it would finally be at least as good as the books. Nope. The books were better, waaay better. They always are. A tv show can never immerse you completely in an environment and mentality. Smells, textures, feelings, and inner-dialogue. Its a much deeper experience. Lecture over..

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    TV series
    I'd recommend Generation Kill.

Cartoons
    Drawn together
    Ugly Americans
    Bob's Burgers
    Archer
    Adventure time
    Regular Show
    Last edited by John Alighieri; 03-13-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I watched the first episode of American Horror Story and all I could say is WTF
    it gets good. Whats weird is that the 2nd season has nothing to do with the first season. Its like a whole new show, but its even better than the first

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Some of my favourites

Dexter
    breaking bad
    sons of anarchy
    the following
    the wire
    the shield
    boardwalk empire
    band of brothers
    the pacific
    the killing
    generation kill
    big bang theory
    the middle
    modern family
    game of thrones
    homeland
    workaholics

:-)
    great list, '' The Pacific '' & Ken Burns '' The War '' are simply incredible & of course completely true & if anyones looking for a simply facinating, riveting , & hair raising read. checkout " With The Old Breed At Pelelu And Okinawa'' by pvt. Eugene B Sledge aka Sledge Hammer i've read it 4 times & it never gets old, there's shit in that book that hollywood couldn't write because you wouldn't believe it.
    Last edited by derrick ikwueme; 03-13-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    You illterate sob's need to read a book.

A Song of Ice and Fire. Escapism at it's finest. When I watched Game of Thrones, I thought it was so well done that it would finally be at least as good as the books. Nope. The books were better, waaay better. They always are. A tv show can never immerse you completely in an environment and mentality. Smells, textures, feelings, and inner-dialogue. Its a much deeper experience. Lecture over..
    I'm currently finishing A Storm Of Swords part 2 and you're right, it is amazing, but the series does it justice in my opinion. I do enjoy reading but watching a well written TV show is just as enjoyable to me

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I couldn't read a song of fire and ice because it takes two hundred pages for anything to happen. Like the boy getting pushed out the window

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I couldn't read a song of fire and ice because it takes two hundred pages for anything to happen. Like the boy getting pushed out the window
    I've heard that from a lot of people actually and I can understand that. It is very slow, but he needs to write it in that way because the characters and story is so in-depth.
    I must admit, once I finish the one I'm currently reading I'm going to take a break from the series and read something a little more light. It is pretty disheartening when you read for 45 minutes and have progressed 1% on the Kindle!

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Patience grasshopper, if you focus on but a single word, you miss all the heavenly glory.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast