Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Petitioning Nevada State Athletic Commission/ Other State Athletic Commissions

http://www.change.org/petitions/worl...nce-list#share

Remove cannabis from the list of banned substances.

I was wondering how this works. When Nick pops positive for weed after his fight will there be any penalties because they are fighting in CA? How does all that work?

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    I was wondering how this works. When Nick pops positive for weed after his fight will there be any penalties because they are fighting in CA? How does all that work?
    Nick popping in CA would result in no penalty as long as active metabolites were not found in his systems, when we used to take piss tests in the military they ask before you submit your sample are you on any medical prescription authorized by the federal government. But since it is regulated by the State and the recognize he medicinal prescription for marijuana there the results were just be released as a clean test since he discloses he smokes weed. Just like with TRT, the commission recognize up to a certain amount in the body anything radically violating this (OverJuice situation) will suffer all the normal penalties.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Does Montreal have an athletic commission? I know with Matt Riddle the UFC was the commission so although he tested positive the UFC was able to cut him but he can go out and fight tomorrow if he wants. I guess they cant hand down suspensions.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Ariel Helwani actually did a great interview with UFCs top guy in these matters.The UFC acts as their own commission in some other countries, they test for weed but dont care about it. They cant suspend fighters unless they are acting as the commission.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Ariel Helwani actually did a great interview with UFCs top guy in these matters.The UFC acts as their own commission in some other countries, they test for weed but dont care about it. They cant suspend fighters unless they are acting as the commission.
    Don't care about it unless its someone they want to get rid of someone I guess then.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post

Nick popping in CA would result in no penalty as long as active metabolites were not found in his systems, when we used to take piss tests in the military they ask before you submit your sample are you on any medical prescription authorized by the federal government. But since it is regulated by the State and the recognize he medicinal prescription for marijuana there the results were just be released as a clean test since he discloses he smokes weed. Just like with TRT, the commission recognize up to a certain amount in the body anything radically violating this (OverJuice situation) will suffer all the normal penalties.
    By ca I meant canada lol. I hate those drug tests by the way. Its not natural to have another dude stare at your junk.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Don't care about it unless its someone they want to get rid of someone I guess then.
    yep. Riddel had a doctors recommendation in nevada too. he just didnt apply for the exemption from the athletic commission. UFC says they will take him back if hes wins a few fights and test clean.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    By ca I meant canada lol. I hate those drug tests by the way. Its not natural to have another dude stare at your junk.
    could be psychologically damaging if their staring at my junk, if I took my balls out they'd feel inadequate for life.
    Attachment 1916
    Attachment 1917

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Yeah no where in the contract I signed did it say: Serve your country...oh yeah periodically another dude has to check out your shit while you pee in a plastic cup. Sign on the dotted line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast