Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals

Natural Rhythm and 1/4 Guard

In the new MTS 54, Eddie is teaching the 1/4 guard to dogfight transition. He says that you should T-Rex first and then switch to the underhook later because it breaks your opponent's natural rhythm. This keeps him from pummeling for his own underhook so easily.

I thought that was brilliant and I had never thought of the game that way; at least not consciously. It makes a ton of sense though.

Can you guys think of any other techniques or situations where this idea manifests itself?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Cant think of anything off the top of my head but I thought that was brilliant as well.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    RONIN
    I like to pull half guard and pretend to fight for double unders, then put my left over in and use my right hand to bump his bicep outside and throw on the pyramid. Then you can go wherever you want from there.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    when in spider web, often times before going for the arm crush, i will wait a second, pull back just a bit, then throw it up there. i found, especially in the deadzone drills, it throws off their timing/natural rhythm enough to catch them in the "sweet spot" so to speak. it has raised my percentage by a ton.

its nothing special as far as the technique is concerned.

just trying to throw them off a little bit so i can stay a step ahead.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    when in spider web, often times before going for the arm crush, i will wait a second, pull back just a bit, then throw it up there. i found, especially in the deadzone drills, it throws off their timing/natural rhythm enough to catch them in the "sweet spot" so to speak. it has raised my percentage by a ton.

its nothing special as far as the technique is concerned.

just trying to throw them off a little bit so i can stay a step ahead.
    At the high levels, the arm crush requires some timing tricks and set ups, like the final battle before finishing the twister. I trust spider web ALOT
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    awesome thread. saw that and i thought aww man thats gold.

im not really at the level yet where im looking at timing tricks but i can see it happening everywhere. just shows you how well thought out the twister is. same in the rubber guard going into rubber guard on your bad leg and then waiting until they defend to get to new york. the ninja choke from rubber guard. its things like this that make me love 10th planet anymore.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Would rolling out of an omoplata be one?

If as soon as you spot it you roll he is going to control the roll. Whereas if you brace back and act like you're limp arming THEN roll it gives you more space and better percentages.
    Classic push/pull, constant hustle.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    At the high levels, the arm crush requires some timing tricks and set ups, like the final battle before finishing the twister. I trust spider web ALOT
    Yup The Arm Crush Is My Favorite Sub For Sure. Spider Web Is Definitely A Go to

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I find I disrupt my opponent's rhythm the most when I am working positional escapes. I'm constantly threatening their base with hip movement, never letting them feel comfortable and settling down. I use short little baby bumps (baby bridges) before I attempt a shrimp to replace guard, 1/2 guard or Ghost. I find by the time they recognize wtf I'm actually doing I've all ready recovered position. The idea is to disrupt their focus and rhythm from an attacking mindset to one of being defensive even from a position of dominance.

This is especially important in MMA, if your opponent is focused on maintain his base, he is not punching you in the face.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    That episode changed my entire game as well. Eddie has stressed, "If you got good quarter guard, all you need is the foot." before. But its like one of those 3d pictures back in the 90's that they used to have in the malls. You know like the one in Mall Rats? I could never see that shit. Well I see it now and its badass. I see it everytime I look at it and its crazy that it was there the whole time. Its a schooner.

I find that a deep understanding of the arm drag and 2 on 1 and making it applicable in multiple positions is a huge advantage. Im talkin like a setup from every possible defensive and offensive hand position attacking and countering type deep. Mariana trench deep.

I am learning to attack from the cradle as well. It kills his hips and allows for a gift wrap or over under and straight to the back. His only other option is to turtle but there is no way for him to avoid the truck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast