Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Per you advice

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Per you advice

Hey is a video of Cora rolling with her friend after class today. As you can see, those that give us your advice on how to improve her game, we have been listening and been drilling them. It was a really fun roll and especially for me to see that what we are telling her, she is using.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Here is the best advice I can give you, stop putting that song in videos.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Chris: I'm so sorry buddy. My 1 year old son LOVES that song. Everytime he hears it, he starts to dance. And with him dancing, he is happy and leave me alone. So I'm killing 2 bird with one stone per say...LOL Sometimes to keep him happy, I put that song on continuous play...and he will be doing the church bounce all day long...LOL

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    If y'all want her to get better, help him out. And all training partners her size. She needs a challenge. Iron sharpens iron and all that jazz. He was more like room temperature taffy.

And don't push on the mat to get posture in guard. Push on him.

Array

School
    Bobby: that is exactly my point. I am trying to help out all the boys her size. If I can help them get better, that will eventually help Cora. Right now, without teaching them techniques, what I'm doing is talking to their parents and try to rally the kids to go to competition more. I notice that when the boys have tournament coming up, they train harder. So if they go to tournament more often, then they train harder most of the time and thus they will get better. I know it works because Cora is the proof. I however, don't want to step on the coaches toe by teaching the boys what I teach Cora, you know what I mean? But when they spar with Cora after class, I do tell them what they are doing wrong and help them correct it. THis boy right here is a good sport, but he hardly ever come to class, maybe once or twice a week. He's been doing Jiu Jitsu for 5 years already. When Cora first started, he was one of the class bully that would order her around... He would love to partner up with her because he knows he can tap her. Needless to say he was one of the 1st name Cora scratched out off her hit list. But yeah I do understand where you are coming from. There's about 3-4 more Orange belts kids Cora's size, but they are in the same boat as this boy, just not improving that much at all. What's confuse me is that these boys have older brother that take Jiu Jitsu also. I would hint to their brothers to drill with them at home or teach them how to get out of things, but no results.

Array

School
    I completely understand not stepping on toes. My gym owner resents the shit out of me. He's not anti 10, but he's stuck in his outdated ways. He doesn't even roll and is holding the gyms progress back. I have to coach techs in secret when he's on his period. But yeah, his roof, his rules. Frustrating when I only want the best for everyone at the gym. Political pissing contests and power struggles suck.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I completely understand not stepping on toes. My gym owner resents the shit out of me. He's not anti 10, but he's stuck in his outdated ways. He doesn't even roll and is holding the gyms progress back. I have to coach techs in secret when he's on his period. But yeah, his roof, his rules. Frustrating when I only want the best for everyone at the gym. Political pissing contests and power struggles suck.
    This is a common problem and it sounds like you need to leave that gym immediately. You're only wasting your time there. Time that could be spent more efficiently at another more open minded gym. I could trade you horror stories but not on here.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Bobby do you still train with Helio Soneca (sp?), I thought I heard you say he gave you your purple belt. I could be wrong. He is super legit, and seems to use a lot of 10th Planet technique.

Array

School
    Shouldn't of aired dirty laundry. Rookie mistake.

Helio gave me my purple, but he is not my daily instructor. I wish. I would be happier than a queer on dickstreet if so.

I don't need to leave the gym. The only problem derives from me using and giving proper credit to 10p. We have completely different. Philosophies on how to train. Many come to me for advice so there in lies the problem. Gonna strive for coexistence because the polarities are what makes our gym special.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    a Rookie with 10,000 posts

Shouldn't of aired dirty laundry. Rookie mistake.

Helio gave me my purple, but he is not my daily instructor. I wish. I would be happier than a queer on dickstreet if so.

I don't need to leave the gym. The only problem derives from me using and giving proper credit to 10p. We have completely different. Philosophies on how to train. Many come to me for advice so there in lies the problem. Gonna strive for coexistence because the polarities are what makes our gym special.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast