Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    My first mode of defense is always the lockdown. then try other defense always looking to get that leg!!. If anything the lock down can by you some valueable time. I recently had a giant bear try and squeeze my head off in a head and arm triangle while in my lockdown to no avail. he burnt some valuable energy while I got some more time. Works great!!!

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Thank you so much guys. As of late along with improving her lockdown, I have been teaching her the escapes as well. I just want her defense / escapes to be up to par with her attacks. I feel that right now her attacks are where it should be. And thus focusing on her passing and defense. So for the past 2 weeks we been hitting the passing drills and her escapes. Just trying to tighten up her game some more. We going to do this for another week then move on to the sweeps. Yall should see a huge improvement in the next tournament this Sat.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Joachim Hoff View Post
    Well, I view it more like a positional attribute you can employ..
    Well said.

Escapes and defense take time to develop. The good thing about already understanding offense, is you can use reverse engineering to form intelligent defenses. If you know what their next step is, stop it immediately. Don't let them advance deeper in their sub attempt and control. Patience is one of the biggest attributes when caught. Panicking and trying to escape immediately, when youre caught is rarely the answer. That's what turns a triangle that could of been defended into a fully extended armbar.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    ??
    sorry i was thinking when i posted it that it may not make sense, im still out of it atm so i hope i can make it make more sense. i was talking about the difference of getting into the lockdown and holding it stretched out all the time compared to having your outside leg over and your inside foot under your opponents leg so you can throw the lockdown on in order to throw your opponents balance off etc but while your jsut moving around, youre not going to gas your legs out. im saying that being in the lockdown position is great but the stretching the leg out is something that should generally only be used when trying to throw the opponnents balance off, to stop an escape, or to go for a submission.

does that make more sense? i know there is a proper term for this position but im blanking atm. eddie also says that its really to do for control in twister if that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12